• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
neh problemo. it's still a great light. from reading, it gives a slightly yellow look. but hey, it's ADA :D

when i get the other arcadia lamp, I'll install a NAG green in that one.

saintly said:
from reading, it gives a slightly yellow look.
Looks good to me from the photos, but of course, they don't tell us much in reality in terms of individual colour perception.

Is there a yellow look to your eye, Mark?

How does it bring out non-green colours?

Dan uses the Arcadia MH FW bulb and I thought they were great for greens. Imagine what the NAG will look like?!

Thanks for sharing. That's some crazy stems!

George Farmer said:
s there a yellow look to your eye, Mark?

could be, but after reading the ADA spec of NAMH rather than the NAG, the yellow(albeit subtle) stands out. ADA say that reds are better with the NAMH and less effective with the NAG green.

compared to the arcadia (which i thought was good) there's just no comparison at all. different league really.

i just cant wait to get my hands on a green type.

at the end of the day it's for a home viewing pleasure, as you know George seeing the ada TANK @ tgm shows how good these things look.

re dans tank, i saw one that he got from lampspec?...that was nice too.

I forgot to add, these images are pretty accurate regards colour temp.

here's a comparison

arcadia5400k.jpg

ADA8000k.jpg

i've trawled through the journal to see what images i have posted. blimey, I'm lost with posting different image son different sites :wideyed:

so, the run down begins....

STLA.jpg

IMG_3263-01.jpg

i've had fun with this tank. but now it's time to move forward.

there's like an invisible electric fence around the tank! every time i get close with the snips, i get shocked! :lol:

man, this is hard. i just cant bring myself to do it. and i swear the plants are changing colour under this ADA lamp! they look so stunning :wideyed:

(in a homer voice) arghhhhh....i cant do it. my crypts look like mirrors, so shhhhiney. doh! doh! :shifty:

samc said:
what lighting will you be using on your 4ft?

here ls where my problem resides. i need this light. plus one more which i need to order.

over the 4 footer i want the 2 x 150 MH lamps fitted with ADA lamps.

i need to destroy this to make space for the 4 footer. no win win here.

at my parents i could setup the 60 or maybe the 35L. but then i spread myself out again.... :? decisions decisions

Mark the 150W bulbs will light only? or this lamp is a combo one with T5?

I am also thinking about a lamp replacement on my large tank and after Arcadia OT2 2x150W piece would be the next level. Just i was not sure to use a combo one or standalone bulbs are enough.

viktorlantos said:
Mark the 150W bulbs will light only? or this lamp is a combo one with T5?

light only. i have the 70cm mini pendant with 1 x 150w MH

with this tank Viktor i wanted to see if i could fully control all parameters with 1 x MH lamp rather than using a combo. i found the right height to get good growth without being too powerful.

now i know it's very usable i will now go with 2 x pendants on my 4 foot.

personally I'd go standalone, how large is your large tank?

as the cogs begin to turn on my 120cm scape, the wheels come to a halt on this scape. so by the weekend it should be stripped down :D

oooo, exciting times ahead :eek:ccasion-birthday:

planter said:
Hey Saintly, felt the need to post and say what an amazing journal. The pictures are superb!

All the best
Hey Saintly, felt the need to post and say what an amazing journal. The pictures are superb!

All the best

cheers bud. would be nice to see a bit more of you ;)

Back