• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys big tank journal on speed.(picture heavy)

Mark Evans

Expert
some may of seen this but here goes.

AFTER A CLEAN UP

_MG_8084-01.jpg

ADA SOIL ETC,

_MG_8091-01.jpg

_MG_8095-01.jpg

_MG_8097-01.jpg

LAYING OUT STONE ( AWFUL LAYOUTS) if learnt sooo much since 3 months ago! there were lots of variations.

_MG_8098-01.jpg

decided on this

_MG_8166-01-1.jpg

after planting

_MG_8240-01.jpg

ooo, some grass, cant see that now :lol:

_MG_8247-01.jpg

_MG_9382-01.jpg

_MG_9443-01.jpg

_MG_7732-01.jpg

as you can see, ive let everything grow manic, initialy because of inexperience, which turned into curiosity of plant growth. i want to see what the plant is capable of for future scapes ;)

another big trim this weekend folks!

aaronnorth said:
sorry to be rude but i just had to laugh at that first layout

i know, made me chukle too.

yes its riccia.its growing out the glosso. i love it, justr needs a trim back down to size. it never comes off the deck.

I have always liked the undulating effect Riccia gives, but I think it might be overpowering the rocks in this scape. Good stuff, though.

Dave.

I really love the Hardscape, great Work there. Im sure it looks lot better after cuting the Glosso in the Front, im waiting for a Picture. Which Substrate is that? ADA?

eoto said:
I really love the Hardscape, great Work there. Im sure it looks lot better after cuting the Glosso in the Front, im waiting for a Picture. Which Substrate is that? ADA?

yes ADA malaysia.
LondonDragon said:
Looks great Mark, but with the glosso and Riccia that thick its time for a rescape keep us posted.

it might be getting a rescape. actualy anyone know the life span of ADA AS? can it be used over and over? i dont fancy buying another load.

TDI-line said:
Looks lovely Saintly.

What are all the plants you have in there?

riccia, glosso, hair grass(cant be seen) vallis nana and c helferi.

mark

for all you riccia haters :lol: work in progress. this is temp until i do a full scape. :D water still cloudy etc etc....

_MG_8051-01.jpg

mark

JAmesM said:
Nice.. are you sharing the glosso, or is it for the bin?

after trimming at least 3 inches off it what was left was yellow.no good to man nor beast. ive learnt a very good lesson about trimming....DO IT!

know ricca can be hard work, but i like it and i want to see whats possible with it.

also i cant believe how v nana and c helferi spread! wow, unreal stuff!

glad you like it james.

still got to add a bit more sand tommorrow and jobs a gooden.

mark

Love the look of the riccia and glosso. How do you plant it, just put the riccia under the glosso? how long did it take to form those great undulations?

Back