• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's"henge the revenge the 3rd and final installment"

Re: saintly's MA potentialy low light IWAGUMI

Thats great Mark, I love the graded foreground idea in an iwagumi, very different. Looking forward to seeing the final layout :)

saintly said:
... looks like i gota dip my hand in my pocket....again!

why cant you take some from the store? Iwouldnt dip into my own pockets as long as I it isnt my own tank..

Nice Hardscape Mark, can imagine some hc creeping from the back over the graded gravel ;)

Loverley Mark :D As has been said the graded foreground works a treat.

If it were me I'd play some more with the 3 main right hand rocks so they dont form such a triangle from the front view, but thats just me, and I know you're going to play some more anyway :lol:

Look forward to seeing more.

Tony

Tonser said:
the 3 main right hand rocks so they dont form such a triangle from the front view

:lol: that was what i was after LOL i will play some more tony.

see you saturday still?

i should have this tide up tomorrow. i'm off work now for 3 days :?

Jur4ik said:
why cant you take some from the store?

sadly they dont stock these stones. but i look at these tanks as my own now, so if i supply hard scape that's cool with me. they supply plants and lighting etc. i've even put NS in there :p wooot

fish.com1 said:
Thats great Mark, I love the graded foreground idea in an iwagumi, very different. Looking forward to seeing the final layout :)

cheers bud :D

this tank should animate people to buy more stones and gravel and they dont have mini landscape on stock? :rolleyes:

they have another type of rock which is very similar. the tank is not solely just to sell equipment. it's a display tank also.

if i were to use all stock materials, we'd be looking at a very different tank altogether :? trust me, it's better this way :lol:

the more i look at the image the more obvious which stone needs to go ;)

Hi Mark,
you certainly have an eye for making layouts,i reckon we should nick name you mason,because your good with rocks :lol: ,

seriously nice,
john.

saintly said:
Tonser said:
the 3 main right hand rocks so they dont form such a triangle from the front view

:lol: that was what i was after LOL i will play some more tony.

:lol: :lol: :lol: thats why we love it - everyone sees it differently :D

saintly said:
see you saturday still?

Hopefully, though it may be brief - I'll have to leave by 11.30 :rolleyes:

Tony

well, after a bit of playing, it's become apparent i cant do what i wanted to do. i just didn't have the stone, or the right shaped stones. :(

i've been forced to do something else. more in the traditional sense. I'm still not happy with the main stone, but it's the best i can do given what stone i have to use.

nooks and crannys will be filled with probably moss, so look beyond them if you can. :D

finallayout.jpg

detail.jpg

from this last image, hopefully you can see that the rocks are staggered and not on the same line.

side-2.jpg

looking crazy though
what are your plans for the background planting? stems?

saintly said:
Jur4ik said:
looking crazy though

is that a good crazy? :lol: ....

oh.. yes! :D
but why "low light" ?! or will it be the same "low" as the current "low tech" ? :lol:

Jur4ik said:
oh.. yes! :D

thanks mate...modern speak eh?...something that's "bad" really means good

samc said:
i see what you mean about the stones mark, interesting......when you look from the front it looks so different

with all my layouts, there to be viewed at what i perceive as best, from the front...head on. one other thing which helps, is photographing whilst arranging. i see the lines and shadows better on my camera than in real life...if that makes any sense.

from all my gumi's this one i feel my best so far. but then, no gumi layout is necessarily wrong

I love the Hardscape, classic Iwagumi Style at its best! :D

You´re not gonna plant the Foreground, right?

eoto said:
I love the Hardscape, classic Iwagumi Style at its best! :D

thanks eoto. :D

eoto said:
You´re not gonna plant the Foreground, right?

no, it's staying as it is. I'll be having moss in and around the stones.which I'll let creep forward i may use tenellus on the wings, both left and right, crypts to accent the rocks (bullosa is nice and small) (becketii for tallness in the rear) and grass(acicularis) to fill in everything else. still undecided. I'm researching still :D

Mark,
would you say there is a minimum height needed for any stem plants?
I´m on research too :)

Back