• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's"henge the revenge the 3rd and final installment"

Re: saintly's MA potentialy low light IWAGUMI

George Farmer said:
That's interesting.

What other observations are you getting, Mark?

i like to get a varied reaction from various parts of the world. although the WWW is already interconnected, i still feel the whole worldly community is in little groups.

i like to hear what others like to say. we can be lead ourselves into a sense of staleness if we don't venture out a little. :D

it's by no means disrespectful to anyone, but if i can those little bit's of gold nuggets of info, this is how i learn.

ultimately, you as an AGA judge can enlighten us with your expert eye, and i for one listen. you actually confirm what I'm already thinking. what more could UKASP ask for? there own free judge!

answers to post while typing....

samc, yep your right.

George, i'm just trying to mimic what looks good, i wasn't aware that NA style was iwagumi...or are they different?

saintly said:
George Farmer said:
That's interesting.

What other observations are you getting, Mark?

i like to get a varied reaction from various parts of the world. although the WWW is already interconnected, i still feel the whole worldly community is in little groups.

i like to hear what others like to say. we can be lead ourselves into a sense of staleness if we don't venture out a little. :D

it's by no means disrespectful to anyone, but if i can those little bit's of gold nuggets of info, this is how i learn.

George, i'm just trying to mimic what looks good, i wasn't aware that NA style was iwagumi...or are they different?
Cool. What I was after was the actual comments from other aquascapers... ;)

I understand why you're 'venturing' elsewhere with your journals etc. Feedback is useful, of course.

From a personal perspective, UKAPS is all I really have time for now and rather than spread myself thinner elsewhere I'd rather concentrate here. At one stage I was a mod on five planted tank forums which was just crazy! :wideyed:

I see Iwagumi as a 'subsidiary' of the NA-style. There's Ryoboku, which is wood dominated layouts. And everything in-between. If an aquascape is using nature as a source of inspiration, then it's NA in my book. Long live Amano!

One exception is biotope aquaria, which mimics natural habitats, rather than using them as creative inspiration to create an alternative micro-universe, as per NA.

George Farmer said:
At one stage I was a mod on five planted tank forums which was just crazy!

thats is mad! i struggle just keeping journals going.

George Farmer said:
I see Iwagumi as a 'subsidiary' of the NA-style.

yeah i guess. to be honest, i've not thought about it. thanks for that info.

George Farmer said:
One exception is biotope aquaria, which mimics natural habitats, rather than using them as creative inspiration to create an alternative micro-universe, as per NA.

nicely put

Get ready to fall off your seats folks. You will be double checking who is posting. lol

Mark I like the hardscape on the first page. the original one. I instantly though Glosso with only a few sprinkles of another mid height plant around the rocks.

Why fall off your seat? I am of course going to suggest upping the light a little to get the Glosso growing as wanted :eek:

AC

Sorry dude, still feel this tank wishes it was 15cm shorter :/ Excellent Hardscape design though

Hey, thanks steven :D

i know you mentioned this before regards to tank size. 8)

I'm still unsure why though....

i've got a copy of an amano tank which is nearly identical to this in layout, now if you put this image over the one i just mentioned....they overlay is identical. tank size and hard scape layout i.e focal points, gaps to right and left.

i'm not sure whether to upload this image for copyright, although for comparison reasons it cant harm.

i forgot to add...thanks to Dan and Steve for there attempts to supply me with a bigger stone. poor old Steve dragged a bag full on the train....top man

unfortunately the stones were on the small size. I'm going to the shop today to see if i can somehow move the main stone around to get rid of at least one flat side.

what ever happens i'm going to have to live with it, i just cant afford to hunt for another.

I'm sure the planting will change everything though mate :) No probs re the stone, though I did feel like an army bloke on a training mission with a bag full of bricks though :lol:

ok, it's changed.

it wasn't too painful to make the main stone look bulkier nor was it too hard to get rid of the lines.

that's it guys it stays like this now :lol:

i also played with the mazi wood from TB! it's stunning stuff for sure.

so pics through this things early life.

finallayout-2.jpg

finaltweak.jpg

manziwooddemo.jpg

and finally...

thatsit.jpg

samc said:
oh mark that wood is ace! where you get it from? :p

it is nice isn't it. :D

it's the wood that tom barr sent over.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5527

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6847

i was tempted to use it, but i want it for a tank of my own. surely MA cant have ALL of my decent scaping materials :lol:

I'd like some too.

thanks to tonser for arranging all the packing and posting!

LondonDragon said:
Looks awfull Mark :p (when you going to move it to my living room??) hehe

:lol: i'll swap for some cherries!

Tonser said:
Spot on Mark ;) Plants time :D

as follows.

HC, tenellus, acicularis and p helferi. riccia and maybe moss.

SteveUK said:
Mark, that last shot is ace!

cheers bud!

You are going to plant this eventually, right? :lol: I mean, this is the goal of a planted tank, I assume, unless I've been totally doing it wrong for years. :lol: We are in 8 pages of thread, already. 8 pages of thread in one of my journals would have marked the 10th anniversary of a scape!

I'm sorry, I'm just teasing. :)

The wood is awesome, the rocks are awesome, stop tweaking with it and plant some plants!

llj

lljdma06 said:
You are going to plant this eventually, right? :lol: I mean, this is the goal of a planted tank, I assume, unless I've been totally doing it wrong for years. :lol: We are in 8 pages of thread, already. 8 pages of thread in one of my journals would have marked the 10th anniversary of a scape!

I'm sorry, I'm just teasing. :)

The wood is awesome, the rocks are awesome, stop tweaking with it and plant some plants!

llj

it wouldnt be a saintly journal if there wasnt at least 20 pages before planting :lol:

Looking good now, certainley needed that extra height.

What is great about Mark's threads is you feel like you're along for the ride :) Very enjoyable to follow! It's seeing the creative process of a talented guy unfold over a period of a couple of weeks or so, taking suggestions from other members or completely disregarding them and comming up with something even more spectacular :D

I know, I know. Mark knows I'm only playing with him.

:)

Back