• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's"henge the revenge the 3rd and final installment"

thanks guys and gals.

fish.com1 said:
they are not gold tetras but platinum tetras Hemigrammus vorderwinkleri

ahhh, that rings a bell. it would make sense too.

afroturf said:
The rocks mini landscape right? Whats the gravel and pebbles you used?

it sure is ML rock. the gravels are just what was found in the garden centre. they had them in plant pots as tester's. i asked if i could use them. much cheaper in the long run.

i believe you can find gravels much cheaper if you look around for them, don't always assume LFS have all the hardscape materials we need ;)

Vito said:
What the long leave plant left of the big stone on the right?

tenenllus my friend. :D

Thanks to you all for the comments. :thumbup:

8 weeks and this will be done! another to the collection.

samc said:
i love this mark. very different from the usual which is allways good to see

thanks sam, always learning.

i really really want this one at home. :(

I'm in preparation for one or 2 new scapes. :shh: :lol:

you hear, well almost correct.

it's a case of bordom, and every time i look at it i feel so many things are wrong with it. it's in good health, but as amano says, a healthy scape don't compensate for a poorly designed scape...or words to that effect.

it's no good living with it, if i can do 10 x better.

i'm wanting to do this in my 60, obviously scaled down

manziwooddemo.jpg

or even buy a cheap 90 cm tank.

saintly said:
it's a case of bordom, and every time i look at it i feel so many things are wrong with it. it's in good health, but as amano says, a healthy scape don't compensate for a poorly designed scape...or words to that effect.

That may be the case, but a healthy, poorly designed scape, IMO, will always trump a well-designed, but unhealthy one.

I still think you're too hard on yourself.

Looking forward to the new scape. The hardscape in that photo is beautiful. I almost like it as is, without plants. :lol:

lljdma06 said:
but a healthy, poorly designed scape, IMO, will always trump a well-designed, but unhealthy one.

maybe so, but I'm talking about the same person carrying out both scapes. not 2 individuals.

i mean, i could design a bad scape grow plants healthy. i could also design a good scape and grow plants healthy.....which one do you keep?....yes i thought so.

I'm a realist in the adjective sense. I know Autumn Blush isn't right, so what's the point in keeping it going? when could be re designing, improving on past failures.I'm not the kind of person who'll just rest on failure, as i'd hope may see.

Llj, if you were learning a new piece of music you wouldn't sing it once knowing you got words wrong and say well at least it was in tune, so it must be better than singing it, getting the words right and getting it in tune. i hope you see my point :thumbup:

lljdma06 said:
The hardscape in that photo is beautiful. I almost like it as is, without plants. :lol:

many thanks.

saintly said:
lljdma06 said:
but a healthy, poorly designed scape, IMO, will always trump a well-designed, but unhealthy one.

maybe so, but I'm talking about the same person carrying out both scapes. not 2 individuals.

i mean, i could design a bad scape grow plants healthy. i could also design a good scape and grow plants healthy.....which one do you keep?....yes i thought so.

I'm a realist in the adjective sense. I know Autumn Blush isn't right, so what's the point in keeping it going? when could be re designing, improving on past failures.I'm not the kind of person who'll just rest on failure, as i'd hope may see.

Llj, if you were learning a new piece of music you wouldn't sing it once knowing you got words wrong and say well at least it was in tune, so it must be better than singing it, getting the words right and getting it in tune. i hope you see my point :thumbup:

I think you are reading way too much into what was a very general comment, Mark, but that's okay. I'm sorry if I offended you. I think the tank looked great. All your tanks do. You should be very proud of what you do and very happy with the results. I most certainly would be. :thumbup:

llj

lljdma06 said:
I think you are reading way too much into what was a very general comment

tell me your joking right?....you prompted the reply Llj.

offended? again...you gota be joking right?

it appears to me that most things...not all that i do, gets a strange reaction from you. nothing ever seems to be quite right in my tanks.

now if it had been george that had typed what i'd typed...let me guess....a wonderful ansewr?

general comment or not, i believe your opinion is wrong and i replied.....in a nice and informative manner!

folks please tell me if i'm wrong here and i'll kindly back away from UKAPS alltogether

What?! Where is coming from? What does a difference in opinion have to do with status at UKAPS? We have a difference in opinion, and that is completely and totally fine. It has no bearing on anything. It is just a difference in opinion. Who wrote the post has nothing to do with it. Your response, had it been written by George, would have received the exact same response from me. Any member who knows me will attest to that. Member status doesn't really influence how I post. Maybe I am wrong in this. I will always admit to being wrong.

Again, my word choice seems to really stink today, and I'll back off with my most humble apologies, Mark. I'll even ask a mod to delete this stuff if you don't want it cluttering up your thread.

llj

Re: saintly's MA potentialy low light IWAGUMI

saintly said:
skinz180189 said:
Really like the layout of this tank, can't wait to see it grow out.
cheers bud,

1 week has passed, and for once i've not been across in the first week of it's existence. Also, it turned out they'd run out of KNO3 early in the week :wideyed: ...without telling me. So on arrival I wasn't sure what I was going to find, but thankfully it was OK.

The plants are doing what i expected with E tenellus transforming rather quickly and runners galore. HC is spreading nicely, hopefully filling in within 2 weeks i reckon.

Even though the shop has had a change around with staff etc. i've decided to continue with the scape. I've written out a dosing schedule which should be followed, so it's up to them now.

comparison shot, for anyone unsure on planting HC, this way, via plugs, works a treat and is so much quicker :D

comparison shots...

Planted
IMG_0003-01.jpg

Is this another reason for me to drop in it at East bridgford?

Quick qestion can you explain what you mean by the comment HC using plugs, I dont understand?

Great looking scape by the way, the graded gravel looks excellent. When you put the substrate in, did use a divider to keep the two apart and them remove it and then disguise the obvious line using plants/gravel and rocks. Just about to start my new scape and wanted to understand the easiest way of doing it? ;)

Andy H

It's looking great! I'm not usually a fan of iwagumis but liking them recently. I especially like the natural rock structures and greades of gravel in the foreground etc, it really makes this scape.

saintly said:
this journal is now over.
Don't get your knickers in a twist man, if this is because of lljdma06 original response I don't know why you reacted over the top with that, I didn't see much wrong with it, if you want to be good at what you do you have to take the praise and the criticism also.
Some people say my tanks are good, but someone told me my tanks were "sh*t" so what, if I can inspire one person to get started in the hobby then I have accomplished something and I know for a fact that my under par tanks have inspired a lot of people and yours have been mind blowing for the past year. So you have nothing to worry about man.

Just keep doing what you know best.

Back