• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's MA 120x 50 x 70cm scape.5months old

Re: saintly's MA "long term" scape.

saintly said:
even though there's a complete lack of interest with this journal I'll persist with it temporarily.

This is one of the threads that interest me the most Mark, I love long-term, slow growing scapes, I mush prefer them to the rapid growing scapes which are over and torn down again in several months, and personally am very excited to see how this turns out.
Keep up the good work, going on you're previous work I'm sure you'lll turn out another belter!

thanks for the reply joe. :D very kind words indeed.

i think for me, the whole "grow it as fast as you can" thing, was what captured me in the first place. growing, and seeing "instant" results! but, i'm discovering the world of slow evolving scapes....not my own, amano's.

it's nice to turn over scape after scape, heavens knows i've done it in the last 12 months, but to watch something evolve must be even better.my old mate jamesM has put me wise to this way of thinking.
and on the completely flip side of the same coin :wideyed: (possible?) this "slow grower" is growing fast :lol: even with just 2 54wt5 over this bad boy, is encouraging every plant to grow. i'm sure iy will slow though...(hopefully)

Joecoral said:
Keep up the good work, going on you're previous work I'm sure you'lll turn out another belter!

cheers bud

Joecoral said:
Just noticed you wrote that you have congo tetra in there, I love congo tetra! Get some pics of them up asap!

will do. :D

saintly said:
completely flip side of the same coin

what?..... :wideyed: :?: i mean the....i dont know what i mean :lol:.... errr. the flip side of the same side of the same coin :lol: :lol: :lol: me and my bad england :lol:

Scapes' looking great Mark! That's a monster bit of wood, looks really sculptural. Whats going at the back? (sorry if I missed that bit of info :))

Edit: Ahh, Vallis.. (pays to look again!)

Looking promising, Mark.

Vallis in a long-term tank? Be careful as it will quickly cover the entire tank unless it's maintained very frequently. I guess the staff will keep on top of it in your absence.

That looks nice mate, i don't know how i've missed this.

Hi mark,what's the plan time wise to keep it going the crypts in my tank are nearly two years old,
Like how it looks at the moment but it's a waiting to see how it will in twelve months,it you fancy useing any c,balansae, I could find you a few plants, looking good mate,
Regards john

Tip top Mark.

What anubias did you use and do you use any kind of superglue for glueing plants to wood. Is the wood/plants wet or dry when doing this?

Thanks,

Dan.

TDI-line said:
What anubias did you use

i think...nana and barteri nana.i'll confirm tomorrow.

i was going to use the bonsai version(aquafleurs name) but weighing up the sizes (luxury of having them to hand) the bonsai would eventually get lost. thats how i see it any way.

i bought a branded superglue, and glued them straight from the box (almost dry) emerged growth/leaves wont suffer the short period out of water while glueing.

TDI-line said:
. Is the wood/plants wet or dry when doing this?

damp is fine.i still pat it dry with tissue. it still goes off. the reaction with air and moisture assists the curing period (i think)

TDI-line said:
Thanks.

And lastly how do you do multiple quote replys? :oops:

Everytime you click on quote it gives you the starting quote code and the ending code, all you do is copy and paste the start code to the beginning of each sentence you want to quote and then remember to close it with the ending quote code.

for example:

Code:
[quote="TDI-line"]Thanks.[/quote]
enter your text here
[quote="TDI-line"]And lastly how do you do multiple quote replys? :oops:[/quote]
enter your text here

TDI-line said:
enter your text here
TDI-line said:
And lastly how do you do multiple quote replys? :oops:
enter your text here

Joecoral said:
How long do you leave the superglue to set before you put the wood/plants back into the water then Mark?

it's a matter of seconds, maybe 30 seconds and it's done IME. others may disagree. just look at the glue to go white. it's revolutionised my anubias/stone relationship

I agree ;) I leave it a few minutes and walk away come back a few minutes later, give it a wobble and then chuck it into the tank :)

AC

well 2 weeks have passed and all is looking good. The JBL aquabasis plus has truly and honestly surprised me in it's effectiveness. i do believe you require more than is stated on the packet. i'm still reluctant to give full tank shot due to the fact i've got parts not grown in and i don't like to see it this way. another 4 weeks and I'll consider it.

i thought i'd try and squeeze this in amongst the fun day out everyone had TGM.

maybe it's not up to some peoples standards but I'm pleased with it so far.

_MG_1553-01.jpg

_MG_1564-01.jpg

my grass path...

_MG_1566-01.jpg

_MG_1578-01.jpg

red rainbows...

_MG_1579-01.jpg

_MG_1581-01.jpg

_MG_1580-01.jpg

A ram....this little chap is fun to watch, actually i think its a girl fish :oops:

_MG_1592-01.jpg

_MG_1593-01.jpg

_MG_1595-01.jpg

and finally...

_MG_1606-01.jpg

thanks for looking

mark

I love it, I've got a pair of nano's sitting about you fancy scaping them for/with me? ;)

Back