• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's MA 120x 50 x 70cm scape.5months old

Re: saintly's MA "long term" scape.

nice shots mark,
seems to be realy difficult to make some without reflections

Jur4ik said:
nice shots mark,
seems to be realy difficult to make some without reflections

hi jur4ik, nice to see you. yes it's difficult because opposite is a marine tank :twisted: and it'sright in the way.

i may swop this journal over to your site general aquascaping forums 8)

Garuf said:
I love it, I've got a pair of nano's sitting about you fancy scaping them for/with me? ;)

cheers mate. if the world were a smaller place i'm sure we'd all meet up more often.

aaronnorth said:
nice choice on the rainbows :D

cheers Aaron, they are nice. i didn't like them in the normal tanks but now there amongst plants etc, they look great. the congos look great too.

Joecoral said:
Looking great Mark, can't wait for a FTS in a few weeks time!

cheers Joe

Coming along nicely, Mark.

The hairgrass will look great once filled in. My favourite carpeting plant right now. It's softening effect works so well when it starts to merge into other plants.

Love the congo tetras too. Great shoaling fish for larger tanks, especially when planted with Anubias for that African feel.

Was the fish selection your choice?

George Farmer said:
Was the fish selection your choice?

i can only lay claim to about 70%. the congos and red rainbows were matt's (manager) and amano's idea from NA book 1. TBH i've no skill in fish choice, but then i'm not trying to follow a style to the letter. so if i like em' they go in kinda deal.BUT, slowly i learn what certain fish do/looklike.

there are cardinals,rummie nose tetras in there too. SAE's ottos and amano shrimp.

Tonser said:
Looks nice Mark - nice lush greens in there.

cheers bud, there are things i'm wishing i could of changed though....you live and learn. at least it's not my money this time :lol: customers love it so what the hell.

hi mark,
tanks looking great.my kind of scape :D .wish i had the foresight to do something that good.an inspiration.

Beautiful tank as usual,damn those rainbows are ugly mothers though.Great to see a Saintly long term tank,gives people like me inspiration as I don't have the funds to be constantly spending on plants.
God,that makes me soud really tight,but I've seen how much some of you guys spend on plants!!

nelson said:
tanks looking great.my kind of scape :D .wish i had the foresight to do something that good.an inspiration.

well you say that, but it's not a skill i posses, well i don't think so anyway.not like some of those on here.

i'm still learning about plants, and in this scape there are one or 2 i wish i didn't put in now, but we live and learn.

Goodygumdrops said:
Beautiful tank as usual,damn those rainbows are ugly mothers though.Great to see a Saintly long term tank,

thanks goody, the rainbows are a funny looking fish, but today i've seen one male colour a treat! real orange/red :wideyed:

i'm happy that it gives you a source of inspiration and in the end, 95% of what's in this tank can be used in real low light set ups, i'd suppose some may say 100% but I'd rather not try it.

anyway, i took the backing off to see how it looks from tuther side, and frankly it looks better :lol:....well almost. we've decide to keep it off for a while. i wish i'd gone ith the 2 way scape from the start, i did have the idea in my head at the beginning :?

Looking ok for 3 weeks old.....notice the c helferi out on a limb

_MG_1641-01.jpg

_MG_1639-01.jpg

_MG_1638-01.jpg

This is looking great, can't wait to see a full tank shot! :D

It's interesting to see people's idea of a long-term, low-tech tank. To me, this sort of tank wouldn't have CO2 injection because that seems more hi-tech and short-term so it'll be interesting to see how it evolves and looks in a long-term situation.

rawr said:
It's interesting to see people's idea of a long-term, low-tech tank. To me, this sort of tank wouldn't have CO2 injection because that seems more hi-tech and short-term so it'll be interesting to see how it evolves and looks in a long-term situation.
This is looking great, can't wait to see a full tank shot! :D

cheers Thomas. very true regards "long term".... actually if i'm to be honest, this is high tech in every aspect. i might change the title :D it's a bit misleading :oops:

the spec of this tank is

120 x 50 x 70

2 x jbl e1500

1 korolia no3

pressurised co2

lighting is 4 x 54 t5s 2 running for 6 hours then the other 2 click on half way through.

the idea though is to keep it for some time, (anything is longer than my prairie lands scape) i foresee the grass to last some time, along with the crypts, tenellus, ferns etc...the vallis can do what it wants, then I'll just heave a load out.

SteveUK said:
I bet the regular customers are loving coming back and seeing how it's doing. I expect it's made a few people regulars too!

for sure it gets attention, and also from certain reps/companies that are visiting ;)

Re: saintly's MA 120x 50 x 70cm scape.

I am moving my tank towards a more long term status too with less demanding plants, and want to keep it high-tech to try some stems and carpeting plants, just so its more managable that it has been in the past where I had to do maintenance on it on a daily basis.

Its look good Mark, like the photos as always :) just like previously said those rainbows gotta go, some Bosemani would ne nicer ;)

LondonDragon said:
just like previously said those rainbows gotta go, some Bosemani would ne nicer ;)

thats what you had in your tank right?....i did like that fish.

but these are (male is) starting to change it's colour, and there activeness in the tank is amazing, they follow you/hand if you wave it...very funny.I'm also assured they'll go redder

_MG_1646-01.jpg

i over hear some customers commenting on those rainbows and how nice they look in there "natural habitat" :lol: i must admit, there growing on me.

looks like i'll be changing these then. :wideyed:

back to the drawing board....

Back