• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's MA 120x 50 x 70cm scape.5months old

Re: saintly's MA 120x 50 x 70cm scape.(1 MONTH ON)

Ah right, I get it now! :lol: I didn't know this was such a problem with the substrate, sorry to hijack the thread and thanks for explaining that to me guys. :)

still looking fantastic.i can't believe the growth you get in your tanks :wideyed: .whats your secret ;) .
don't suppose you want to pop down to essex and swirl your hands around my tank for a bit :lol:

nelson said:
still looking fantastic.i can't believe the growth you get in your tanks :wideyed: .whats your secret ;) .
don't suppose you want to pop down to essex and swirl your hands around my tank for a bit :lol:

thanks nelson.

magic pixie dust mate.... thats the secret ;)

blimey i'd almost forgot about this tank :wideyed:

well much has happened with this one, one being poor CO2 distribution! which resulted in algae on my wood.

anyways, after swapping diffusers to a ceramic type things are improving slowly. I'm trying to stay away from this as much as pos and leave it in the hands of the staff, but it looks like I'm going to take to take the reigns (correct spelling?) back.

the microsrum went and still is going through the longest transformation in history :lol: in the miracle mire i had it looking good in weeks, this is just taking forever. anubias is the same, but were on to new growth, even flowers. this is pointing out to me that ALL tanks need constant TLC.

i've not seen the tank for a while but it's looking OK, i'd love to try this very same layout at home and realy keep on top of it like Autumn blush and past ventures.

water change time....the tanks is filling at the time of photo, water level usually to the top.

IMG_3051-01.jpg

IMG_3058-01.jpg

saintly said:
which resulted in algae on my wood.

You should probably see a doctor about that then! :lol:

On a serious note, the tank is looking great, just a shame it maybe isn't getting quite as much attention and care as it needs to have unfortunately.

Joecoral said:
saintly said:
which resulted in algae on my wood.

You should probably see a doctor about that then! :lol:

You beat me too it! :lol: It all adds to the aged feeling :)

Mark, it still looks fantastic, even if it needs a little TLC (doesn't look like it!). A customer who's probably never seen a good planted tank will still be awe struck by this creation, even if there is a little algae here and there! :)

What CO2 diffusion were you using before changing to the ceramic diffuser?

I really love the sort of shaded/jungle feel to this. Looks a little bit Sci-Fi to me, like a miniature Arnie and predator should come crashing through at any moment :D

Joecoral said:
On a serious note, the tank is looking great, just a shame it maybe isn't getting quite as much attention and care as it needs to have unfortunately.

yeah, and it's just the little things that left undone, result in problems. of course it's not as drastic as i'm thinking but all the same, if you do something, you do it right yeah?....all the algae is just that green stuff, not hairy. it's the stuff a bristlenose would see of instantly.

SteveUK said:
A customer who's probably never seen a good planted tank will still be awe struck by this creation, even if there is a little algae here and there! :)

i've actually heard customers say that (in one particular tank, not mine :lol: ) the algae looked good :wideyed: BBA on wood.

SteveUK said:
I really love the sort of shaded/jungle feel to this. Looks a little bit Sci-Fi to me, like a miniature Arnie and predator should come crashing through at any moment :D

it's based around an early amano set up. not copied, but borrowed ideas.

i do want to recreate this at home in the future.

SteveUK said:
What CO2 diffusion were you using before changing to the ceramic diffuser?

A JBL ladder diffuser, it just didnt cut the mustard.plus it's a pig to clean!

at the same injection rate the difference is ten fold with ceramic. so now i've got to swing the balance back.

I'm liking this one, it has a very different feel to your usual clean style (I don't mean the algae) :) I hope that sounds how I mean.

It has a ... bu****r don't know what its got but it has something. :lol: actually it has a fishiness, a natural feel almost homely.

ha :lol:

Chris

thanks chumps. i've neglected this, almost an experiment. not in terms of maintenance (although it don't get much) but in terms of growth. i've let it do what it wants to do.

couple of reasons, to see how plants invade on each other and to see the effects of what plants look like when merged.

the vallis was added due to the fact the was no balansae @ aquafleur when i planted. hey ho.

like every other tank of mine, things are learnt good and bad. I'm sure when the time come to scape my own 120 jungle i can make a few calculated decisions instead of the guess work within this tank :D

I think this just goes to show what's possible with just JBL aquabasis and gravel, co2 and good fert regime.

atadovergrown.jpg

my ricca store :lol:

IMG_0937-01.jpg

I like it Mark, as you may have noticed with my tanks, I like a certain lack of orgination, nice work.

thanks fellas. 8)

samc said:
what happened to the acicularis?

it's still there. in all honesty the images isn't the best, but it is there.

again a snappy snap....the sagii?.. is mixing itself in with the grass.

IMG_0914-01.jpg

Back