• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys opti white take 2

JAmesM said:
I'm gonna agree with LD and the others about moss on the wood.. its not needed..

hearing ya, its off now.

the fish are still holding a great shape close to the gravel, there so fast too. i put 2 or 3 pieces of blood worm in by hand, i swear if i didn't let go they'd pull me in :lol:

heres a couple of pics of old red eye. he/she stayed still for ages so i managed to get a sharp image.

there both the same image, the second is to show a little more detail.

ive also trimmed the stems for the first time as they had reached the surface.

345f4b68.jpg

22e59037.jpg

thats it for fishy images.

wicked pics of the red eye, what lens and camera are you using? Loving the bokeh !! Nice scape too cant wait to see this jungle fill out!!

tko187 said:
wicked pics of the red eye, what lens and camera are you using? Loving the bokeh !! Nice scape too cant wait to see this jungle fill out!!

thanks mate, the camera is my trusty old 5d. and the lens?...well its a cheapo believe it or not. sigma 70-300 macro. its one of the few cheap lenses thats pretty decent.

the pic was taken using iso 800. i could of gone lower actually but theres not much in the way of "noise"

hope you get your scaping back on track.

as some of you may be finding out, i have a strange kind of aquatic plant keeping regime. from this pic you can see this scape has the nursery title written all over it.

25603e7f.jpg

ive attempted to keep it in some kind of order as ive got to live with it for a while.

the one thing i had noticed when transferring plants from the big tank to this one, was the fact at how lightly i had planted in the first place :?

anyway, lets see what happens over the next few weeks.

Looks quality mate, i'd be way chuffed with it. If it were me i'd thin that moss out though, it seems to be the first thing you look at when you see the scape and IMO that's no what moss is best used for. Just my thoughts mate, as i said, it looks quality.

thanks dan, but the reasoning behind putting the moss as it is, is because i cant put it any where else. its not there for the scape. its just to keep it somewhere.

i realy need a tank for holding plants, but my wife would kill me :(

Real nice mate.
You thinking of having any planting infront of the wood?
Know its just sand and rocks but with your dosing, I think maybe some Utricularia graminifolia dotted about could be good.
Or maybe some little moss bts kept in check would be easier :? :)
Love the anubias on the top of the wood.

SteveUK said:
You could try to squeeze a few small tanks with lights into one of your cabinets maybe?

good idea steve. i could move in there too :lol:

Dan Crawford said:
Send it down to me mate, i'll look after it ;)

my wife? :lol: your welcome

LondonDragon said:
Looks good to me, I like mosses ;)
its because of you LD my wife is beginning to like my tanks. she likes mosses ;) (LD sent me some mosses)

jay said:
Love the anubias on the top of the wood.

i ran out of room.
jay said:
You thinking of having any planting infront of the wood?
Know its just sand and rocks but with your dosing, I think maybe some Utricularia graminifolia dotted about could be good.

now thats a plant i would love to try one day. i hear its hard to keep.

I've heard that too.
Should take a look @ Oliver Knotts site. Got a tank full of it, explains his dosing techniques etc..

Dan Crawford said:
Sweet! i've seen her picture LOL

:lol:

jungle massive?...not yet, but soon

108e732b.jpg

c9324d86.jpg

ive added from the other tank. 5 ottos, 1 sae, 4 shrimp, 1 bristlenose catfish.3 rosytertas

Back