• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys opti white take 2

saintly said:
its because of you LD my wife is beginning to like my tanks. she likes mosses ;) (LD sent me some mosses)
I will have to send you a couple more types then, I have some nice Taiwan moss which looks great and is a nice light green, some Xmas moss that is also lighter green and very compact, and some Pellia which is awsome :)
Its great the wife is into it now, now you can thank me for that by donating a nice opti-white!

LondonDragon said:
I will have to send you a couple more types then, I have some nice Taiwan moss which looks great and is a nice light green, some Xmas moss that is also lighter green and very compact, and some Pellia which is awsome :)

ooooo, mossy heaven :p

can anyone remember that little black filter i had in the corner to aid flow?....well, ive beaten that. take a look....

d8d84ce9.jpg

just temp until the new tank is set up. here's to crystal clear water. and the fittest fish in the world

the doubled up filter system is working a treat. quality water. i really don't want to take it off. looks like ive got to buy 2 new filters for the new set up :? mor expense

anyway here's my usual update pics. a couple of fish too...

spot the red eys ;) the stems to the left have just been trimmed. the anubus has 2 flowers which are opening, crypts have nice new leafs, list goes on....

1d8301f0.jpg

here's the moss....

7162071f.jpg

and my SAE....

a982ebe4.jpg

the gang...

af7fde45.jpg

cheers everyone

LondonDragon said:
Great photos Mark :) tank is coming along nicely, congrats.
My anubias have never flowered, I have them for at least 3 years :bored:

i got 2 plants both flowering. strange little things :wideyed:

chump54 said:
brilliant photos. whole tank and fish looking fantastic.

thanks chump :D

Graeme Edwards said:
RE-SPECT BROTHER!!!

The pictures are stunning. They re-ignite my love of fish as well as for plants. Loving the Ukaps log, nice touch!

cheers Graeme, we can only but try. im recently just starting to understand the importance of choosing the right fish for the right scape. im also starting to enjoy photographing them too.

ive just dropped the lighting on the tank to 1 x 24w as im getting signs of spot algae on a couple of leaves :? but in saying that, it looks more moody with lower light, so im happy.

hope Jim and mark are treating you well Graeme :lol:

Themuleous said:
Love the anubias!!! How on earth do you get them looking so good?!?!

cheers sam
ermmmm...aquasoil :lol: i don't know sam. i was under the illusion it was one of the easiest plants to keep. i read it was known as the "plastic" plant and was hard to kill off. its growing like a trooper. new leafs, what looks like a 3rd flower too. its a new plant for me so always learning and im mostly in the dark when i take them on.
ahhh, i remember now.....luck! ;)

George Farmer said:
Looks really special, Mark. Quite an original layout and superb photography, as always.

cheers george, there are more valuable lessons being learnt each scape that i attempt.im glad you like it.

allot of luck over judgement, but as you know, each scape brings better judgement over luck....ah old chinese proverb :lol:

thanks for the tip too

Themuleous said:
Oh yeh, I cant kill mine, but its impossible to get it to have more than 2 leaves that look anywhere have decent, you much have 10 excellent leave on each plant!

sam heres a closer pic of it today. the flower has popped out and the second isnt far behind.if you look close theres a load of new leafs coming through too. the other plant i have is hidden behind moss so i dont know what that's up to in the shade.

BTW ignore the green cable tie

03e62640.jpg

saintly said:
BTW ignore the green cable tie
No, I won't - is that how you always tie your stuff to wood and where do you get green ones ;)

Stunning photography as always. How do you get things to happen so fast in your tanks, even anubias? I would wait months. Are your crypts growing really fast also?

Also you said 1x24w bulb - does your luninaire have 2x 24 or 4x24? And if 4x24 how are you running just one?

Ray said:
No, I won't - is that how you always tie your stuff to wood and where do you get green ones ;)

:lol: the green cable tie shop, its next to the red cable tie shop. hey ray, i honestly cant remember.

Ray said:
How do you get things to happen so fast in your tanks, even anubias? I would wait months. Are your crypts growing really fast also?

i dont know. i just think its the norm. not sure allot of the time if its right or wrong. yeah my crypts on go fast mode too. a couple of them (forgot name, i will find out) have reached the surface but i knew they would thats why there at the back.

Ray said:
Also you said 1x24w bulb - does your luninaire have 2x 24 or 4x24? And if 4x24 how are you running just one?

yep i have 4 x 24 and running just 1 now. all i do is twist one of the bulbs and leave it housed and hey presto just 1 light. the other 2 are on a different switch. this dont work on my 120cm luminaire though :?

BTW ray, i'm sending your parcel this weekend ;)

yep i have 4 x 24 and running just 1 now. all i do is twist one of the bulbs and leave it housed and hey presto just 1 light. the other 2 are on a different switch. this dont work on my 120cm luminaire though

is that safe? :?

if it is i might try it with my GLO lighting system.

beautiful photography.

Back