• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys opti white take 2

Themuleous said:
You sod ;) beautiful flower though :)

:lol: cheers sam. theres another flower which you can see in the pic. but there appears to be 2 more growing from the base.will report back in a week on that one.

the jungle goes immersed....

e2730349.jpg

I'm jealous. Very jealous. Jealous of the fact that you can get that amount of growth from crappy little plants like Crypts in such a short amount of time!

I like the fact that it's going immersed actually. I think it suits the scape.

Nothing crappy about crypts IMO mate.
Best 'scapes in the world have incorporated the lil beauties. :D

Garuf said:
I demand a full tank shot, NOW!

:lol: i didn't think it would be long until someone asked that. to be honest the scape looks cluttered. ive got all my moss in there which is growing at a stupid rate. ive got some pelia on slate which im bringing on.p helferi squeezed in every nook and crany... so you see it become a nursery AGAIN :twisted: ive set up another small tank at my mothers house to take the extra moss otherwise the lil fishes couldn't swim around.

i'll try and sort one later garuf ;)

well guys, after much thought I've decided to strip this baby down. :D

I've done what I've wanted to do. and all fairness the plant layout was a bit pants :? OK, I got some great pictures....of fish! a few of moss. there just little details in a bigger picture. the layout was IMO completely wrong. the final nail in the coffin was this....

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3583

i need to better myself, and fast. i want to do something similar in the new set-up, or maybe in this 60x 30 x36. regardless of which tank I do it in, I've got to do it now. just sitting around looking at a scape that I'm not happy with isn't my idea of learning.

things to take with me from this scape.....

the good,
foreground attention, grading of sand etc...
learning to choose the correct fish,
extra flow, 2 filters.

the bad
incorrect plant layout,
turning the damn thing into a nursery (never again)
getting an idea in my head, and trying to rush the whole thing.talk about impulse :wideyed:

anyway here's a few pics. the full tank shot shows all of its weaknesses,pelia in the foreground (nursery time) moss which is overgrown( because im trying to harvest as much as pos) the list goes on...i couldnt even take a straight picture :lol:
27b7ce25.jpg

6e759196.jpg

the detail shots giver a better impression.i now need to somehow take the concept of many fine details and place them all in the correct way in 1 flowing scape, if you get my drift 8)

3f7e6aab.jpg

c5cb05fc.jpg

6d410b7a.jpg

86493eb8.jpg

so, here's to the next scape. maybe in 2/3 weeks i'll have something else up and running.

thanks for looking.

Aww such a shame. But I know that if you get the feeling that it just isn't working, then that's it.

That's also something I've learnt - not to get over excited and rush everything!

Looking forward to the next journal anyway! That sure is a lovely tank in the other topic, something I would like to replicate some day.

saintly said:
the final nail in the coffin was this....

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3583

i need to better myself, and fast. i want to do something similar in the new set-up, or maybe in this 60x 30 x36. regardless of which tank I do it in, I've got to do it now. just sitting around looking at a scape that I'm not happy with isn't my idea of learning.

Just saw this. How is one supposed to continue?

<opens desk drawer, removes pistol, blows out brains>

On the bright side, you take much better pictures than he does. :D

I hope you are not frantically growing moss on my account? A very small amount of nice moss has emerged from my fissidens so eventually I can cultivate that into something useful...

Must take some photos of mine, but lots of particles in my water ATM, tonight will crack open the filter and add some fine floss. Strange the white pad in the 2028 isn't enough to get it on its own?

Looking forward to your new scape :D

Really shouldn't be too disheartened about that other tank mate.
TBH I really believe you have some great skill and could easily do something along those lines and better it.
I know you check out CAU-art and really go for that more natural look with stone accents/pebble sand etc... think it will really trump some of these full on minimalist type nature aquariums :D

I'm not taking anything away from Luis' 'scape, it's pretty much faultless as an ADA tank.

Yeah Luis's tank is IMO one of the best in the world at the moment, don't feel too bad! It's like trying to build a Ferrari and ending up with an MX-5. You've still got a great tank, but as you say, keep trying and hopefully you'll get where you want to be!

think it will really trump some of these full on minimalist type nature aquariums :D

What's wrong with minimalist? :rolleyes: Iwaguuumiii!!

Tom

Tom said:
think it will really trump some of these full on minimalist type nature aquariums :D

What's wrong with minimalist? :rolleyes: Iwaguuumiii!!

Tom

Bugger all. Just reckon Mark will be doing something similar, yet still add a good bit of "saintly" to it, judging by his previous 'scapes in his opti-white.
Can't imagine him using half inch of sand, really.

thank for the encouragement guys. it seems apparent to me, that if i take my time in choosing plants etc for a scape the tank ends up looking half decent. so that is what i shall do for the next scape in the 120cm.....

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3135&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40

i have been planing the layout in my head for some time and am feeling confident in presenting a good scape. luis tank is for sure impressive, and has proven to be a good kick up the ass if im to be honest.

this 60cm opti white scape shall go along the lines of iwagumi again, but without the simple mistakes like what i had in the henge. and maybe be another opportunity to grow new plants....

so, there will be another journal in the wings....mmmm, or shall i wait until its grown in? :lol:

Saintly,hope you don't mind me jumping in,but do you have pictures of all your tanks anywhere?I've been looking for one that I'm sure was yours that looked like a marine scene (like seaweed blowing in the current),and I can't find it now.I was almost positive it was yours.
And btw,Luis' latest tank is impressive,but very similar to his last one.I've made a point of looking over your journals and appreciate the difference in every one.Each one is very different.(Really liked your Sumatra driftwood one).

Goodygumdrops said:
Saintly,hope you don't mind me jumping in,but do you have pictures of all your tanks anywhere?I've been looking for one that I'm sure was yours that looked like a marine scene (l

i think i remember you saying this before. ive never had a marine scape. all ive done is 4 scapes in the space of a year. (roughly)

your not thinking of this?....

_MG_9964-01.jpg

this was my first proper attempt at scaping, earlier this year. there was one before this but not so good.
this scape turned into sumatra driftwood, then the henge, a little arcadia tank then to current which is no more.

Goodygumdrops said:
I've made a point of looking over your journals and appreciate the difference in every one.Each one is very different.(Really liked your Sumatra driftwood one).

very kind of you to say, hopefully another year under my belt, and i'll starting producing in the same league as the dan's and georges of this world 8)

No,damn,maybe it wasn't yours.It wasn't a marine set up,but looked like a marine scene,not a tropical marine,it just really reminded me of a single piece of seaweed wafting in the current.Can't blummin find it now.Don't take back any of the other stuff if it isn't yours though :lol:

Back