• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's Pastel Shades

Mark Evans

Expert
oh yes, its another journal. ;)

preliminary plans....either

iwagumi The henge part 2.....

eba48377.jpg

or....nature style aquarium with borneowild wood from AE.....

1764139e.jpg

both are just ideas, i know, i know the iwagumi dont follow the rules, and the rocks are just holding the wood in position but these are just rough ideas remember.jeees im having to defend myself already :lol:

this is just to get the ball rolling so to speak ;)

Re: saintly's 60cm opti-white

SteveUK said:
What sort of planting are you going for mate? Any ideas?

hi Steve

planting for iwagumi. e parvula, acicualris, hc blyxa, e tennelus....something along those lines.

wood/nature aquarium.... glosso, small leaf stems,h umbrosum hm r sp green. e tennlus, moss

Hi mark,it was nice to finally meet you on friday,i will be watching the progress of this scape with interest,its the same size as the one i will be doing after xmas,regards john.

john starkey said:
Hi mark,it was nice to finally meet you on friday

was nice to meet you to buddy. your welcome to mine anytime and if i get pegged next to you in a match?.....we'll have a pound on it! :lol:

forget that, more like, can you live at my house for a few hours and help me with my new scape. !!!! thats more like it. how many tanks do you have now mark?

Nick16 said:
how many tanks do you have now mark?

too many, im only ever having 2 running at anyone time though. the 2 optiwhites. this set up is at my mums house.and maybe another to keep vital plants like certain moss' and blyxa.

SteveUK said:
I take it the blyxa got home safe then Mark?

yeah, you cant imagine how much i wanted this plant. im just going to grow as much as i can. it seems to be like rocking horse crap.

Blyxia will grow on you.....quite literally Mark. It was just as prolific if not more in mine than the needle ferns are!!!

I like the second...nature style one :wideyed:

AC

And another of Mark's Monster Journals begins... Just a few hours old and already two pages!

I have an evil vendetta against 'standard' iwagumis, hell iwagumis in general so please don't do that! You already did something similar at the beginning of the Henge anyway.,

I'm a huge sucker for the second option style, so I'd say go for that any day. It's just gonna turn out like a mini version of your 120cm though. Do something different altogether! :D

I like the nature style one though I'm throwing my weight behind the iwagumi, the only thing I'd do is to add a whole lot more substrate at the back to really force depth. I have 2 tanks, not on the scale as yours but both are nature style and I really wish I'd done an iwagumi with one, just for the contrast.
Now is your chance to break the mould again with the gumi, remember, left of centre and outside the box. ;)

Love the rock work btw mate :) The colour of the sand and the shape of the rocks reminds me of a Star Trek set from the 60's :D It just needs a mini Kirk running around punching aliens and the classic Amok Time music screeching out :lol:

Mark is becoming very good at this, and is setting the standards for all other to follow, great rock work mate :)

Looking forward to this one too :)

Back