• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's Pastel Shades

Re: saintly's 60cm opti-white

LondonDragon said:
another great looking scape mate, you wanna come over and do mine too??? hehe
yeah or mine, when i get round to it! anyone local want to have a laugh and create a scape? :lol:

LondonDragon said:

:lol: yeah, once ive got over the stress of my own.

Nick16 said:
yeah or mine, when i get round to it! anyone local want to have a laugh and create a scape? :lol:

as daft as that sounds, the guys in Malaysia and the likes have meets all the time from what i can gather and practise different stuff. oh well, that's never likely to happen here.....

saintly said:
LondonDragon said:

:lol: yeah, once ive got over the stress of my own.

Nick16 said:

as daft as that sounds, the guys in Malaysia and the likes have meets all the time from what i can gather and practise different stuff. oh well, that's never likely to happen here.....

Yeah shame we can't have some regional get togethers, create a scape, maybe have a UKAPS regional compo :lol:

a little up date,

the tank's substarte is doing good, the jbl_old AS mix is doing it's bit. e acicularis is showing good health a new growth. the best i've seen from this plant in one of my tanks actually.

glosso spreading, stems upright. :D i'm happy

mark

i'm a couple of weeks in to this "play tank" and all is ok. there's 3 ottos in there and 5 guppys! yep guppys. i saw an aqua journal where amano had a tank with guppys in...i loved it instantly.

so as you can guess 2 weeks only gives so much growth so the images shall reflect this. there's a fern in there too which is changing form also.

the plan is for the stems (after a bout of trims) should fill the back of the tank.

before all you start saying about the "foreground to mid ground transition" I'm going to allow the riccia glosso and e acicularis to all grow in together and hopefully get some kind of natural transition to the blyxa. remember this is only an experimentation tank. ;)

my mothers doing a grand job of EI :D thanks ma!

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

thanks for looking

Very nice, makes me wish I had less wood in my new scape.

Garuf said:
Very nice, makes me wish I had less wood in my new scape.

cheers Garuf. i initially thought i didnt use enough....that thought soon disappeared.

The real exercise for this tank is stem trimming and learning how to create amano style stems. not really sure where to start :lol:

saintly said:
The real exercise for this tank is stem trimming and learning how to create amano style stems. not really sure where to start :lol:

You might find keeping the moss pristine an even bigger PITA Mark.

I can`t belive how prolific you are and still maintaining such a high standard. You do know you have a wife and kid, don`t you?:lol:

Dave.

Looking good, Mark. Very unusual fish choice but I'm a sucker for Guppies so I like it!

George Farmer said:
'Scape is looking very nice, Mark. Well done to your Mum too!

hats off to her.

Thomas McMillan said:
Looking good, Mark. Very unusual fish choice but I'm a sucker for Guppies so I like it!

hopefully when this is all grown in, the guppies should add flashes of colour to the final images.

Dave Spencer said:
You might find keeping the moss pristine an even bigger PITA Mark.

it's a royal pain. discovering that in "The Miracle Mire"

Dave Spencer said:
I can`t belive how prolific you are and still maintaining such a high standard. You do know you have a wife and kid, don`t you?:lol:

my little lad does the EI and helps with water changes, the wife?.....runs around franticly trying to mop up behind me :lol:

i do believe I'm driving my wife nutty with aquascaping talk.

aaronnorth said:
I love it when people use a carpeting plant then have patches of riccia dotted about, i would like to try it but i dont fancy having riccia again :rolleyes:

yeah it does look quite attractive. but if you don't want riccia problems then i guess you should stay away from the stuff. :D

great looking scape. :D

What ferts are you dosing? and by how much a day?

Also how long is your lighting set for and do you have all the lights on or do you have a mid day burst?

Keep up the great work.

Thx

Mark

Mark Green said:
great looking scape. :D

cheers mark

Mark Green said:
What ferts are you dosing? and by how much a day?

Also how long is your lighting set for and do you have all the lights on or do you have a mid day burst?

ferts are EI dosing regime for 60L tank, 8ths and 32nd.....kno 3 + po4. tpn for trace.

easycarbo every other day.

lighting it's just 1 x 24wt5 so it's more room for error as I only go once in a blue moon.(goodnes george is running 2 24wt5 with no co2, hats off to ya george)

mothers doing a cracking job, secretly I think she's loving it. ;) it's looking great and i'm a tad jealous its there and not at mine :lol:

another week and i should be up for rotala trim. i think from the full frontal you can see what I'm up to and trying to create. the whole point of this tank was stem trimming and shape.

nice bit of dirt on the CCD :wideyed:

_MG_8774-01.jpg

_MG_8771-01.jpg

LondonDragon said:
She should join us at UKAPS might teach us a thing or two hehe

she's loving it :D

I've added some cardamine lyrata by tropica today to see the look it gives.i've seen amano put it to good use in smaller aquariums...... curiosity killed the cat and all that stuff... 8)

Back