• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "Prairie Lands"

Re: saintly's 120cm iwagumi

you'll have to ignore the lines at the front, the plan is for those to merge later in its life. i'll also do another image showing where each plant is as tenellus looks like liliaeopsis at the mo....

i've also got a fair few images of the process.

i gota get everything hooked up now

_MG_9961-01.jpg

That looks amazing, Mark! It's got a much different feel to what I expected, but one that I like and thinks suits the scape well.

samc said:
does the e tenellus leaves allways stay like that or do they change?

it takes on a completely different form. this is emerged form but given time it will transform in to something much more beautiful. :D

i'll have better images tomorrow.

Thomas McMillan said:
That looks amazing, Mark! It's got a much different feel to what I expected, but one that I like and thinks suits the scape well.

cheers Thomas, it looks different to what i thought it would look like, really need to let nature take over now.

SteveUK said:
Beautiful Mark :) How's the back ache? Mine was killing me last weekend after my weeney 90cm plant-a-thon :D

i'm like an old man at the best of times :lol: i find some easy ways of dividing plants. i spend most the time doing that, then planting becomes a dodle. it took half hour to plant that lot

i'm known as "our mark" at MA, :lol:....

_MG_9914-01.jpg

well, time is really going to play a massive part of this scape for me. usually when i plant up, i can see the whole thing fast forwarded before my eyes, but this one....i cant :lol: i think because the liliaeopsis and tenellus blend in. it just seems one big mass of the same plant.

i'm only showing 1 or 2 images. the rest will be on my website which you can view in the near future :D

_MG_9919-01.jpg

splitting tenellus, usually aquafleur provide you with 2 or 3 plants which if picked apart will have one or 2 more growing off them....

_MG_9923-01.jpg

splitting liliaeopsis....

_MG_9932-01.jpg

_MG_9936-01.jpg

tenellus liliaeopsis and acicularis....

_MG_9942-01.jpg

middway planting. The hc, by no means is to play a huge part in this. in fact it may end up not being seen at all.

_MG_9951-01.jpg

the second image shows heavy tenellus planting between left and middle stone.as Amano always recommends, plant tenellus at the side of stones to emphasize the stone.
the smallest stone is to create a barrier between tenellus and liliaeopsis due to the tenellus coming forward down the length of the left stone

_MG_9952-01.jpg

i guess this is the last time you'll see for a while, liliaeopsis is new to me still so there may be mistakes to be made along the way...stay tuned!

Great looking scape Mark, :)

Your pictures are what i always wait for as they give me a better picture of what your doing :eek:

Did you use all of the plants you ordered, as that looked like a very big order?

Also when will your web site be up and running, so we can all see more?

:D

Mark

Great scape Saintly, I always look forward to the e-mails coming through my inbox to inform me of another post or thread on one of you're journals etc... :D You're one of the most inspirational scapers on here, so much so that I've even started a small rock scape myself, because of viewing you're journal's. Keep up the great work mate ;)

chump54 said:
hey Mark, it's looking great, hardscape is fantastic, I'm now thinking about doing a rock layout, never thought I would. Very inspiring!

go for it chumps, you cant beat stones :D

Tonser said:
Hope you get time to have a cuppa and admire it this morning :D
Great post Mark ! I love to see how things are done, and your journals always show that.

Hope you get time to have a cuppa and admire it this morning :D

thanks mate, i've got my little leather sofa thingy type thing to sit on.

hellohefalump said:
looking really good, can't wait to see it fill in.

me to helena.

Mark Green said:
Also when will your web site be up and running, so we can all see more?

soon mate, it'l be sparse to begin with a couple of journals, galleries etc but will expand when i get time to add material.

Mark Green said:
Did you use all of the plants you ordered, as that looked like a very big order?

i used all the liliaeopsis and tenellus. almost all acicualris, 4 pots HC :D

aaronnorth said:
looks great, nice too see it without the burnt out blackground that we have been seeing too.Makes quite a difference!

you cant imagine aaron how much i've missed having it! the wife hasnt missed it though :?

TDI-line said:
Ahh Saintly's scape, A+++ Excellent UKAPS'er.

cheers matey :D

Tourney said:
Great scape Saintly, I always look forward to the e-mails coming through my inbox to inform me of another post or thread on one of you're journals etc... :D You're one of the most inspirational scapers on here, so much so that I've even started a small rock scape myself, because of viewing you're journal's. Keep up the great work mate ;)

I bet you are wwell pleased to have a tank back again :D

very kind words tourney, :D always here to help.

well, now the tanks settled down and water is clear, i've got my final planted image. the tank is to have a proper background, i'm still using a blanket for photography purposes, but you get the jist

as george points out, a name is important for an aquascape, so i'll let you know when i 've thought of one!

this should be the last image for a while now....

plantedblackBGlarge.jpg

signing off! 8)

Back