• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "Prairie Lands"

Re: saintly's 120cm iwagumi

SuperColey1 said:
Thanks for the pictures Mark ;)

just trying to do my best for the journals andy :D

so this is the closets you'll get to a full tank shot. i want to enter this into ADA next year see. and what with rules and guidelines, one must conform to them.

2 weeks old

_MG_0421-01.jpg

see the "bald" bit in the middle?....damn shrimp keep covering the hc and i have to uncover it :lol:

Hopefully once the tank fills out to its true potential the shrimp will be too preocupied with the rest of your tank to keep covering your HC. Stunning tank, i've skipped through a few pages and don't recall seeing what lighting specs your using

Verminator said:
Stunning tank, i've skipped through a few pages and don't recall seeing what lighting specs your using

lighting is 2 x 54w t5 6 hours per day.

Themuleous said:
Lovely, just lovely. Doesn't it make you wish you had it at home though? :)

I'm trying to talk my local MA into letting me scape one of their tanks, trouble is I just hope its not better than any of my tanks!!

Sam
That one is at home, Sam :p

saintly said:
so this is the closets you'll get to a full tank shot. i want to enter this into ADA next year see. and what with rules and guidelines, one must conform to them.

I wish there was a banging-head-against-a-wall smiley

Themuleous said:
I'm trying to talk my local MA into letting me scape one of their tanks, trouble is I just hope its not better than any of my tanks!!

but sam, you allways want it to better than your last tank right?.....or what's the point?. why create something that's of a lesser standard than your last?

anyhow, cheers for the words. it is hard to keep track of what I'm up to. i sometimes forget what i'm doing/saying. :p

i'm even planning a 200cm tank 8) to get better you just need to scape,scape and then some more scaping ;)

Themuleous said:
Go for it mate. I'm doing the same for a brand new MA store that's not opened yet.

I'd encourage other UKAPS members to do the same for their LFS. Take in a photo and explain what you can do. Spread the word!

Tank's looking sweet, Mark. I usually add shrimp after HC has rooted... ;)

George Farmer said:
Tank's looking sweet, Mark.

cheers mate, i'm pleased with it. the problem with the shrimp is not so much them up rooting, it's the fact that they just chuck the nature soil all over. i suppose waiting until i get good coverage would help.

it looks like the ukaps massive could take over MA stores :p

Hehe, cheeky shrimps.

My LFS has an open night next week, hopefully when I'm there I'm going to discuss a few things with them, maybe the possibility of doing a display tank when they setup a new planted one. The only problem is that they already have beautiful planted tanks. If not I'll have a chat with them about it when I pickup my CRS.

rummy nose tetras! there the future. i've put 4 of these in today, and i love em' there truly brilliant, so this is my fish of choice for this set up.

Looking beautiful Mark, and great choice with the rummies. You wont regret that.
Anyway, not sure if you've said already, but what fert measures are you dosing?

jay said:
Looking beautiful Mark, and great choice with the rummies. You wont regret that.

they are nice. i've always wanted to try them. now's the time.

George Farmer said:
Superb for photography if they colour up well.

when they slow down, there quick little things. i cant wait ti get 40 of them.

i didnt realise there were different types. top or bottom?

_MG_0492-01.jpg

Back