Saintly's "purple rain' added HD vid

Mark Evans

Expert
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Messages
6,486
Location
newark notts.
i wasn't too fussed about posting this as it's not really scaped as such...it's mainly for getting shrimp shots.

it has been set up for 3 weeks now, co2 injected, EI and liquid carbon.

manzianata wood (upside down)
lava stone
columbo flora base substrate.

plants.
r rotundifolia
moss (java?)
hydracotle
e acicularis
crypt (unkown)

It's nice to have something at home.

fts-2.jpg


fish2.jpg
 

Dan Crawford

Founder
Staff member
Joined
21 Jun 2007
Messages
3,266
Location
Daventry, Northants
Re: Saintly's shrimp nano. 20L

Thats really nice and quite refreshing if you know what i mean, far from typical.

The photography is on the button as always, sharp as heck!
 

Mark Evans

Expert
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Messages
6,486
Location
newark notts.
Re: Saintly's shrimp nano. 20L

Dan Crawford said:
Thats really nice and quite refreshing if you know what i mean, far from typical.

The photography is on the button as always, sharp as heck!
cheers Dan. The wood was a borrowed idea from an amano tank. seems to work OK considering the small space.

i'll be putting some fissidens in soon (thanks samc) from the 120. and some HM :D
 

samc

Member
Joined
28 Oct 2008
Messages
1,381
Re: Saintly's shrimp nano. 20L

i like the different way of using the wood in this. very cool :D

glad the fissidens is growing well for you. mine is in an emersed tank, so not sure what it will look like
 

NeilW

Member
Joined
25 Jun 2009
Messages
1,146
Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Re: Saintly's shrimp nano. 20L

I just saw the words 'saintly', 'shrimp' and 'nano' and thought "thats going to be awesome"... I wasn't disappointed :lol: :thumbup:

What shrimp have you got in there at the mo?
 

Mark Evans

Expert
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Messages
6,486
Location
newark notts.
Re: Saintly's shrimp nano. 20L

NeilW said:
I just saw the words 'saintly', 'shrimp' and 'nano' and thought "thats going to be awesome"... I wasn't disappointed :lol: :thumbup:

What shrimp have you got in there at the mo?
thanks dude :thumbup: it's early days yet, so as it matures it should take on a more 'natural' look.

NeilW said:
What shrimp have you got in there at the mo?
just 6 cherries and 1 amano. I'm after some CRS shrimp or anything that's a little more exotic. :D

samc said:
i like the different way of using the wood in this. very cool :D
cheers sam. I'm going to use this stuff in my next 120cm ;)
 

rawr

Member
Joined
14 Apr 2009
Messages
604
Location
Enfield
Re: Saintly's shrimp nano. 20L

You're a modest guy, this has to be one of the nices nanos I've seen. :) To agree with the others, it's got a real nice refreshing feel to it.
 

Mark Evans

Expert
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Messages
6,486
Location
newark notts.
Re: Saintly's "endler's sky'

rawr said:
You're a modest guy, this has to be one of the nices nanos I've seen. :) To agree with the others, it's got a real nice refreshing feel to it.
cheers dude. kind of you to say. there are probably better on here though. :D

anyway, i've got a name for the tank now....' 'Endler's sky'

just suits what's going off inside i think.

endlerssky.jpg
 

hydrophyte

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2009
Messages
774
Re: Saintly's "Endler's sky'

Very nice Mark.

I really want to put together a little nano setup someday soon.
 

Maurits

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2009
Messages
124
Location
Gamlingay
Re: Saintly's "Endler's sky'

looking good buddy.

I have set up 4 breeding tanks for my shrimps so with a little bit of look I have plenty for you soon

small tip, your endlers really like baby shrimp :D , so it's not the best combination
 

Mark Evans

Expert
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Messages
6,486
Location
newark notts.
Re: Saintly's "Endler's sky'

Maurits said:
looking good buddy.

I have set up 4 breeding tanks for my shrimps so with a little bit of look I have plenty for you soon

small tip, your endlers really like baby shrimp :D , so it's not the best combination
thanks for the info my friend.

so it looks like the endlers will have to come out. i only liked the females anyway. so tetras it is :D

so what shrimp will you have maurits? ;) i'll have to come see you shortly.

hydrophyte said:
I really want to put together a little nano setup someday soon.
that would be awesome!

Paulus said:
looks great. and how the hell do you make photos like this. they are great :D
partly good gear, and a good background. i'm using a graduated background for these....apart from the macro stuff.

W/B control is key with the blue grad. the first shot in this journal is totaly wrong, but the others are ok. i'm also getting much better focusing results with the 'live view' i'll never trust auto focus again!
 

Maurits

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2009
Messages
124
Location
Gamlingay
Re: Saintly's "Endler's sky'

so what shrimp will you have maurits? ;) i'll have to come see you shortly.
CRS and BRS and some beautiful sherries.

and...

Galaxi babies

give a shout, you will love my latest buying as well
 

Jase

Member
Joined
10 Jun 2009
Messages
448
Location
Stourbridge
Re: Saintly's "purple rain' ?

Are they black Harlequins? Saw some in Coxwell Aquatics today, very nice. Love the delicate feel of the tank Mark
 
Top