• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's "purple rain' added HD vid

so, a quick vid added for those with speedy connections.

lighting is becoming a little easier and my workflow improves slowly.

The last few shots, it started to come together but this is why we practise.

thanks guys.

Paulo, believe me, i've sold my soul to the devil for this gear ;)

samc said:
oh, whats the music to 'walk in the park'

its called 'life in a shot glass'

I've had some great times with jon, when we were a band. He's, for me, one of the top unknown acts around. and is appreciated by many 'famous' people. I've met many famous musicians whilst playing along side jon.

http://www.jonamor.com/downloads.htm

After it's time as a holding tank, i need to tidy it up, but here's my first ever flower out of a tank. This is a plant that i took from the side of a river.

flower-2.jpg

would be perfect for a riparium.it's Marsh Marigold water pond plant

Looks really great, what is it rooted into, the substrate or is it free floating?

Nice little flower! I wonder if it might be some kind of buttercup (Ranunculus sp.)(?).

...oh right now I see you mention it as marsh marigold. In that case it is actually likely Caltha palustris. Genus Caltha is related to Ranunculus.

A little update. i think this has been running for 4 months or so now. Still no W/C ferts co2 etc etc. just top ups from time to time.

i took the plants that were growing out the top as they looked untidy. I've not trimmed anything in an age.

The water clarity is crystal and all of the plants, especially the moss are radiant.

I admit, it's untidy but i want to start a new one soon. again with no additives.

neglected.jpg

chump54 said:
I like the fact that you haven't done anything

it was kind of the main reason. to show what is possible I guess. of course many here have done the same, but i wanted to know if the substrate, lighting etc was up to par.

I want to do another tank in the same vein, but with trickier plants.

thanks for the kind words :thumbup:

john starkey said:
Super nano mark,lovely photography too,

thanks john. I'm loving your stuff at the moment.

samc said:
im doing the exact same with mine and i am suprised how well its doing. and like you, the moss is looking bright green. better than in my 60cm

surprising how healthy plants look with such little attention

JamesM said:
And look at that, the tank is not in any way cracked ;)
That's looking so cool Bob! :D

And look at that, the tank is not in any way cracked ;)

I'm feeling for you mate.

chump54 said:
what a great tank, I like the fact that you haven't done anything and it's still brilliant, and that flower too, congratulation.

cheers chumps. :thumbup:

I've left the tank untrimmed deliberately just to see what plants do when they get unruly....they get untidy :lol:

I'm in 2 minds whether to butcher it and leave it for another 3 months, or to start a new one, considering the overall look.

untidy.jpg

I'm glad i didn't go down the high tech route!

Back