• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "savannah dreaming"

Mark Evans

Expert
I couldn't resist :lol: had to drive to parents and get scaping materials.

Every time i put my hand on a rock, put it into an empty tank, i think 'IWAGUMI' it's just becoming natural for me to do it. it's hard to get out of :?

so i started with manzi wood in mind, but ended up going gumi.....i thought....nope! mustn't do gumi.

gumitrap2.jpg

i raided Dan's sand pit for the sand (which I had to sieve) so I could at least practise.

the gumi...featuring that same old stone :lol:

gumistrap.jpg

then the wood came out. now this is funny stuff to use. laying it down does not seem to work for me. so i tried standing it up. looked at a couple of images on-line and it appears it's a little old bush/shrub and looks fine in it's natural position....upwards.

practise1.jpg

my tank aint gig enough.....

practise2.jpg

so, early scaping ideas will surely change, but i've got the hardscape bug now so no doubt I'll change many things.

Re: saintly's manzanita scape. (to be named)

Boy's got wood :lol:
Unless it gets in the way of the light I say leave it! Funny how a bit of wood changes everything in the scape and the potentional. Looking forward to this!

thats amazing. :eek: whats the background? just blue background on a seperate piece of glass ?

Looks good with out the plants! :clap:
Cant wait to see the final outcome :thumbup:

Haha, that's just an iwagumi with wood instead of the main stone! :p It looks great though.

Wood looks GOOD! :thumbup: I'm a poet and I don't :silent:

Like the background - is it staying cos its not in all the pics? What is it?

I like 4 too. It's got that saintly class about it. This particular hard scape looks as though it's been plucked from the desert.

Fred Dulley said:
I like 4 too. It's got that saintly class about it. This particular hard scape looks as though it's been plucked from the desert.

cheers fred. my wife thinks there should be a lizards runnig around in there. i do take this as a step forward.

it's the look i'm after with the most simple planting. e acicualris will be the main plant along with a crypt sp. and moss.

these are just layout ideas and when i've got it I'll do the graded gravel thing to, to ad a sense of realism. for teh time being, sand alone allows mr to play.

TDI-line said:
i like the forth one. :!:

cheers dude. good to have you about ;)

stuworrall said:
great potentials, i like two the best.

so much scope stu with this wood :D

jueloo said:
Like the background - is it staying cos its not in all the pics? What is it?

it will be used in the final images for sure. :thumbup: it's graded blue. wipe clean, photographic background.

rawr said:
Haha, that's just an iwagumi with wood instead of the main stone! :p It looks great though.

iwawoody eh :lol:

ScottYalloP said:
Looks good with out the plants! :clap:

cheers matey.

neelhound said:
thats amazing. :eek: whats the background?

thanks, look up :D

samc said:
i like the last one. i bet you have many more ideas though

i cant stop playing 8)

fish.com1 said:
Great start :clap:

cheers bud.

and so, i keep on truckin!

another layout idea.

b.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

i cant wait to do the gravel bit :D

thanks to everyone for there input and support :thumbup:

c.jpg

I really like this layout, love the way the branches are reaching out the top of the tank each side
The rock work all around the bottoms looks great too. :thumbup:

Cheers Gordon.

Hi mark,
I like the layout in the last pic,the plant choice will be nice along with the graded gravel theme,
looking forward to the final design,
regards john.

thanks people.

my wood is soaking. i've give it a good clean. it's quit grotty actually.

before and after...
IMG_1537-01.jpg

i wont bore everyone, here's the last one. hopefully it'll be planted the next time you see it. :D

d.jpg

Back