• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys sumatradriftwood scape

well guys, an interesting debate develops.

anyway, ive just come back from MA@eastbridgford and bought some more stems for the future scape.( see pic) a couple of red varieties. ive only tried one red variety before glandilosa i think...it died :(

but that was pre- ADA AS co2 ,fert days so hopefully i'll see if i can grow these.i think these are easier ones

5d1aaea6.jpg

sp. aromatica should have a distinct sweet smell to it, sp. stellata will not. This will be the key way to tell the difference between the two.

yes there staying in the big tank. and they will do in the future scape...i think. there kinda timid at the minute. if i dont like them i'll take them back.

yes thats right. i should rename this the nursery or something. ive 2 tanks...this and the henge. theres nothing in the henge yet....look into my eyes, not around my eyes..now, you'll believe anything i tell you. :lol:

good old little britain

if you look back i ended the small arcadia journal ages ago. and i actually eneded this one too. but people kept on posting so ive carried on to humour people :wideyed:

just to confuse matters....maybe! i also have a 60 x 30 x 30 that im going to set up at my mums house. ive got the aquas capers madness disease now. :wideyed: ive got to get a filter and lighting system for that tank. ive got some catching up to do regarding scaping skills and growing plants, as dan would say...happy times...or is it days? :rolleyes:

saintly said:
just to confuse matters....maybe! i also have a 60 x 30 x 30 that im going to set up at my mums house. ive got the aquas capers madness disease now. :wideyed: ive got to get a filter and lighting system for that tank. ive got some catching up to do regarding scaping skills and growing plants, as dan would say...happy times...or is it days? :rolleyes:

are you doing the maintenance on that?

aaronnorth said:
re you doing the maintenance on that?

yeh, weekly though. my mum can dose the tpn + and flourish excell daily and i'll trim weekly. she loves riccia, so this will be my take on a riccia tank. (i can here everyone say "nooooooooooooo")

I think it's only me who hate riccia. Seriously can't stand the stuff.
How are the tanks doing anyway? how's the harvesting going?

aaronnorth said:
are you injecting CO2

yes pressurised. i'll have 3 pressurised systems then :? it's an expensive hobby

aaronnorth said:
Why dont you use easycarbo,

actually ive just ordered some from AE to try. george put me onto the use of this stuff when i first statred the henge. im sure its helped. remember i only have 1 otto in that tank now and its been like that for about 7 or 8 weeks without any algae issues, maybe the excell works wonders or ive got a stable eco system, or both.

Back