• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys sumatradriftwood scape

saintly said:
aaronnorth said:
are you injecting CO2

yes pressurised. i'll have 3 pressurised systems then :? it's an expensive hobby

aaronnorth said:
Why dont you use easycarbo,

actually ive just ordered some from AE to try. george put me onto the use of this stuff when i first statred the henge. im sure its helped. remember i only have 1 otto in that tank now and its been like that for about 7 or 8 weeks without any algae issues, maybe the excell works wonders or ive got a stable eco system, or both.

have you run out of room in your house then :lol: or does your mum just want one?

aaronnorth said:
have you run out of room in your house then :lol: or does your mum just want one?

bit of both :lol: mum wants one. ive got someone else that wants me to set up a tank for them too. :? it's going to be mayhem!

and another addition....thanks to aaron, for this dwarf riccia.

324b2234.jpg

can someone tell if trimming P. Stelleta is the same as any other stem? as you can see its taken over the tank. can i trim it halfway like any other stem? will it produce new shoots? i want to keep cuttings etc ready for the big rescape.

the tank looks a mess but then it was never designed in the first place.

4b5a5949.jpg

Yep,
Prune as usual. Sometimes the stem rots after pruning and replanting so it might be useful to let the cut stem float for a while.

Cheers,

ceg4048 said:
Prune as usual. Sometimes the stem rots after pruning and replanting so it might be useful to let the cut stem float for a while.

thanks clive, but can i leave the original stem planted and new growth come off that? like im doing in the henge. just trimming and letting it bush?

Yeah, pretty much all stems behave this way. New growth will grow from the cut point and it can start to get unruly, and I mean completely obnoxious. Believe it or not these are all branches from one plant and this frame covers a 20 inch by 20 inch area. Many get fed up with stelleta. Somewhere on the planet there must be a version that is civilized. The main "trunk" of this plant got to the diameter of a 1P coin before I got disgusted and ripped it out. Anyway this is the only real downside of EI but I guess that's why they invented scissors.
2069568950038170470S600x600Q85.jpg

Cheers,

thanks clive, again

yeh im starting to think the amount ive got will double in no time. and that the stems have a thick stem.
i don't think i'll put so much in to the next set-up. i guess that's why im using this tank to experiment before i decide on what plants im going to use.

i visited MA @ cambridge (after work) today and bought 5 amano shrimp for the henge. after looking around this awsome (probably the best MA) shop i saw a tank with some stunning angels in. with my excitment i bought 3 there and then....some white ones, i didnt even ask there names. im going back next week to get some black ones which are also stunning.

heres some quick snaps, theyve settled in amazingly. its added (i think) a totally different feel to the tank, im really looking forward to rescaping now :D

d1d59960.jpg

83f4eeb7.jpg

c9884b60.jpg

7a4d0022.jpg

e3d004ff.jpg

5abd07c1.jpg

ffdd31e7.jpg

Awwww they so sweet Mark. Be good when you get another 3 or so, get a nice shoal up and running. Will disperse any aggression when they get older too.

Angels looking awsome Mark :) congrats
I had a bad experience with Angels in the past, purchased 3 and they kept fighting all the time, in the end one had no eyes and the others in pretty bad shape, they all died eventually and that was the first and last time I will buy Angels lol

"The valley of ghosts." would be a suitable scape title. Beautiful fish those.

Garuf said:
The valley of ghosts." would be a suitable scape title. Beautiful fish those.

what a great name mate. i'll consider and scape around that next ;)

LondonDragon said:
had a bad experience with Angels in the past, purchased 3 and they kept fighting all the time,

im getting 3 more next week. they had some stunning black ones too.

jay said:
Awwww they so sweet Mark.
yep, when i saw them i thought, i gota have those! :D

im so loving these angels! :D so photogenic too.

defo getting some more on monday after work. another pic of "the valley of ghosts" nice one garuf

54d47f93.jpg

aaronnorth said:
nice angels, i have always wanted to keep them but everytime i get some fish i always forget about them :rolleyes:

Should probably try and break that habit :p

jay said:
aaronnorth said:
nice angels, i have always wanted to keep them but everytime i get some fish i always forget about them :rolleyes:

Should probably try and break that habit :p

i always go left when i get into the shop and angels are right at the other end, so i always miss them ( i am very impatient.) :rolleyes:

Back