• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys "The Henge"

Re: saintlys 60 x 30 x36 optiwhite

well on visiting ma @ crowland i ended up buying a stand for my aquarium.

to be honest i realy wanted an ada style but it just wouldnt match my room. so i opted for a cheap fluval thing. but actualy it looks alright.

this isnt the final placement for it, or neither will all the leads be left out as they are. its just temp until i know everything is ruuning fine.

George Farmer said:
The nagging pays off eventually... Their plants were poor before I became a regular.

george you need to visit every branch of theres then :lol: some stores are dire!

notice the pots in the big tank?...hc going spare! anyone wants it pm me.

i know i know, my glosso needs cutting. im wishing i'd never used it. i really dont want to re plant in that tank as its sooo tall.

[
_MG_9842-01.jpg
][/img]

aaronnorth said:
Have you decided on any fish? Glowlight tetras are nice.

thats more like the fish im looking for. good choice aaron. i also like the look of mountain minnows. i saw these at MA crowland.

ill post some pics at the weekend.

the tanks looking good. the hc seems to be settling in. everything seems to be greening up nicley. the water's sparkling to. :D

all in all im a happy bunny. heres one with my evening lights on.

[
_MG_9949-01.jpg
][/img]

i think the lighting looks cool. :D

not sure the wife will like though. ahh well.

Looks really nice mate, i've done somthing similar behind my tele illuminating the dry-scaped tank below, great effect.

aaron, dan, cheers fellas.

yeh dan, the whole visual thing, night time lighting etc is really important to me. it kinda adds to the whole nature aquarium deal. oh...i will be tidying those leads up :lol: my wife says so.

heres a couple of updates, 1 week on. the hc is showing good signs of spreading. ive never grown so i dont know how fast it grows. but some cuttings have gone at least half an inch across the substrate.

[
_MG_9954-01.jpg
][/img]

[
_MG_9953-01.jpg
][/img]

Looks great :) HC is spreading nicely (mine didn't grow at all so you doing very well), this tank will look great in a mater of a couple of week or so :)

Tidy up those leads!! lol ambient light looks good too, keep us posted!

planter said:
the Hc is spreading at quiet a rate eh?

yeh i think so, ive compared a photo 1 week apart and yes its filling in really good. i just presume this is normal. the e tenelus is losing its older leaves and hopfully new growth should start coming through.
planter said:
No sign of any algae issue either

again, ive just pumped co2 in to the tank and dosed flourish excel daily. no ferts as yet. im just running the whole thing like i did my big tank( which im not liking the scape of at the mo)
and hopefully everything should run smooth (touching wood)

LondonDragon said:
Tidy up those leads!! lol ambient light looks good too, keep us posted!
:lol: im on it!

ok, ive just come back from MA@whisby with 6 white cloud mountain minnows. there in my 120 at the mo. just so i can see how they look. i do plan to put them in the 60 when its matured.

a couple of pics to show you all.a pleasent pretty fish yet in i nice way understated!

by the way arronnorth, i saw some lampeyes....nice fish mate.

[
_MG_9980-01.jpg
][/img]

[
_MG_9992-01.jpg
][/img]

heres one of the new setup using a longer lens.can you tell ive got a day off and am bored? :lol:

[
_MG_0024-02.jpg
][/img]

REDSTEVEO said:
Hi Saintly, great thread. Your wife still there

na, shes away seing mother inlaw

so ive checked out these ember tetras and they too look beautifull. ive rung my lfs and they have some MA@eastbridgeford. im going to check them out tommorrow.

thanks redsteveo. im after somthing that dosent take too much away from the overall feel of the tank.

these minnows that are in my big tank think there cardinals! they are following them everywhere. and actually they dont swim together all that well.

I went into Ma @ Whisby yesterday and spotted some fish I like. Saw the lampeyes too and yes they do look cool. What temp are you running the tank at with WCMM in there?

Wasn't overly impressed with the quality @ Whisby to be honest. There were quite a few dead bodies being fed on and most of the fish weren't showing much colour. The notable exceptions being some balloon Blue Rams which were spectacularly coloured but looked it a bit silly really compared to the normal Ram.

Good photos as always in this journal.

Andy

SuperColey1 said:
What temp are you running the tank at with WCMM in there?

25c i have read they prefer a cooler aquarium?....

SuperColey1 said:
Wasn't overly impressed with the quality @ Whisby to be honest.

have to agree 100% mate. pretty poor. although i checked the tank before purchasing the fish. there plants a awfull! can i say that? :? i also went to "the aquarium" on outer circle road? that wasnt so good neither. not for planted anyway.

LondonDragon said:
can I borrow your 5D sometime?? lol

:D yes when ive finished with it...... in about 10years? :lol:

i'll bore you all with photos

By cooler I have read that 22-23 is nearer the mark for WCMM which is why I asked. Never had any experience so can't confirm this.

You can say their plants are terrible. I think that would be holding back. I thought they were disgusting and make P@H look good. lol. Add to this their terrible lack of any wood other than Mopani and the planted enthusiasts are left with not a lot. Oh well.

Again with the Aquarium (I was in there on Tuesday) they don't have many plants but he will order whatever Tropica you want in if you ask him. He does keep his fish in awesome condition though.

There is another fish shop at the opening of Allenby estate which again is not so good for plants but the fish are OK.

Andy

Plants are coming along real nice.

Never been sure with WCMM, they never seem to shoal too well when I look at them (maybe they don't like my face) :)
Really like Embers though. Always look great in a vibrant green tank.

You sticking to one species?

Back