• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys "The Henge"

I really do like riccia...

...but the moss looks so much better.

If you rip this down after missing the AGA deadline because it "wasn't ready" you'll have an angry mob on your hands! IMHO building the new 300L rockwork scape will in any case take all your time for the next two weeks.

What kind of moss is that then?

Ray

Ray said:
..but the moss looks so much better.

i think so to :D

Garuf said:
I've been bugging you to use moss I'm glad you finally saw sense. Love it mate.
thanks mate, wished i'd done ages ago.

ray, i'm now going carry on with the scape. you cant believe how happy i was when i placed the moss into the 2 holes where the riccia was and saw how great it looked. i literally jumped for joy :D
tomorrow when the waters cleared i'll post some close ups. it still needs to fill out a bit (not much) the moss is what London dragon sent its either flame or weeping. (got them mixed up :oops: )

Ray said:
f you rip this down after missing the AGA deadline because it "wasn't ready" you'll have an angry mob on your hands!

i'll try and get looking good for next years entry. i'd of been gutted if i had to strip it down.

oh BTW ive got some ludwigia arcuata to try in the set up...any thoughts? yay nay?

Garuf said:
t's spiky moss,

thats the one. i didnt fancy trawling through the journal. just read the pm from LD...spiky and weeping is what he sent. very slowly, im turning into a moss fan.

close ups...

1cbf5f37.jpg

66a97a05.jpg

bcf81455.jpg

thats it for a while until i fill the back corner.

It would have looked so much better with normal white clouds :p.
Really, in all fairness nothing we can say will make this scape any better, its fantastic and that is all.
I personally would love to see it stripped down but this is my semi destructive want to see something new. Keep up the good work. You're one of the lucky few. :lol:

Garuf said:
Really, in all fairness nothing we can say will make this scape any better, its fantastic and that is all.
I personally would love to see it stripped down but this is my semi destructive want to see something new. Keep up the good work. You're one of the lucky few. :lol:

kind words garuf, glad you like it. some of its luck though.slowly trimming is improving and placing rocks was ok but adding p helferi was either yours or georges idea, cant remember....i didnt even know about the plant. moss...you again.

im going to live with it for a while longer just to see how the Myriophyllum mezianum fairs. its growing good now. its only been in a few days but its coming up slowly.

aaronnorth said:
ooks great, ties in with the name 'the henge' much better, looks more ancient :p

im loving the moss aaron
joyous214 said:
love the close ups..
cheers joyous214. :D

Tom said:
Looking much better with moss :D although personally I would have gone for harlequins or normal WCMM ;)

funny you should say that. i was going to pu wcmm in there. there in my big tank now. oh well. im quite liking these fish.

heres the usual update. nice growth all around. the new stems (which you cant see yet.) are coming on nicely at the back left.

this sunday shall see cleaning of the stones ritual...ive bought an electric tooth brush for the job ;)

ive also been running 2 sky white tubes, which looks way better imo

saintly said:
this sunday shall see cleaning of the stones ritual...ive bought an electric tooth brush for the job ;)

What a great idea, thanks :)

(moss gets a thumbs up from me too :) )

and the new stems...Myriophyllum mezianum

the whole tank is pearling like mad, like never before actually

d1c0f1e4.jpg

well using an electric tooth brush was a breeze for the rocks. it took 2 minutes to clean them. as you can see.

ive also trimmed the hc foreground and made good the sand. the tank is a real pleasure to work with now. its becoming more addictive as the days go by. i really want a smaller tank though. my rena is way to tall. it will be hard to maintain. this is so easy because of its smaller nature.

c5e1547b.jpg

if theres any pointers the "top scapers" may have for trimming, id love to know. or just let me know where it dont look right. much apreciated ;)

(i know its not level, that will be sunday)

I like the way you have scalloped the HC along the front around the foremost rocks, but you could make the waves a little more subtle. I think now the trick is how you trim around the rocks - for example you could expose the LHS rock slightly more by trimming slightly its moss cover, etc. RHS front P. Helfrei is getting taller than the tenellus, not sure if you want that. I'm waiting to see what happens to your back LHS corner...

Do you always run your drop checker bottle green like that, and fill it with air right to the bottom?

So you never did have the courage to remove that internal in the end then?

I know what you mean about size, I almost wish I'd got a 60x30x45 rather than my 90cm just so you can work on it quickly and get great results...

i would remove the P.Helferi from the right hand side which is mingling in with the E.T, looks a bit messy IMO. Also, the 2 largest clumps of HC look the same size, perhaps try changing one of them into a different shape?

You could also remove one of the P.Helferi stems to uncover the rock next to it:

c5e1547b.jpg

Back