• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintlys "The Henge"

thanks guys. well ive spent some time cleaning the tank today. ive trimmed again after some good advice. after speaking with jim @ TGM (he wants a pic of the setup) i took MORE time trying to get things right.

of course the stems look ropy, they were trimmed recently. its no where near completion, but youy get the idea.

i know i keep posting the same old pics etc, but hang on in there and when the setups run its course that will be it. promise. im still learning remember.

anyway heres the pic. the background is purely just lifting the lights off the frame which gave a more even lightingon the back wall :D glad i know that now for the final shoot.

i shot @ f 4.5 hence the fish out of focus and some plants. (i didnt check the pics until i'd put all the kit back in :oops:

c87264f0.jpg

Thomas McMillan said:
That photo is the best yet. Are you letting the HC make its way to the front glass?

cheers thomas. the hc did make its way to the front, but as you can see im trying to keep it in order. it appears i still have alot to learn.

Oh I dunno... Just imagined some hairgrass to soften the stone in the back... but many 'scapes are like that.
Stem all topiaried(sp.) up.

JAmesM said:
Did any of the grass survive in this tank, Mark?

yes mate, it sprouts up in odd places. ive just come home from working away for a few days, tank looks fine. i really am getting the urge to rip the stems out. ive trimmed them a little heavy and there not really looking there best. in all honesty, i feel like doing a rescape :? i'll lay down a while before i commit to that comment though.

the new plant is looking fab. its taking on its under water life, and is producing the finest leafy kind things ive ever seen. very beautiful actually

no carnage, just no stems. i WILL rip it down this week.

heres what im planning on next. im practising in an old tank i was given,

98ffb5c3.jpg

Back