• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's ??????? scape

That wood is cool. I got some similar bits like that from a MA near me, alot of them are going the branchy ADA type wood.
So cheap too!

You got an awesome deal on that wood. Top tip. Buy the whole shop's supply and get the rest on ebay. lol Will pay for the whole of your next setup. The 2 pieces you have there at that size would fetch easily £20 each on ebay!!!

Is it Mopani???

Looks cool must be a big tank

AC

SuperColey1 said:
Is it Mopani???

i dont have a clue mate.

SuperColey1 said:
You got an awesome deal on that wood. Top tip. Buy the whole shop's supply and get the rest on ebay. lol Will pay for the whole of your next setup. The 2 pieces you have there at that size would fetch easily £20 each on ebay!!!
quite the business man aint you andy ;)

SuperColey1 said:
Looks cool must be a big tank

120 x 45 x 45.

i've got my circular at the ready. angled they should go in nicely with a bit sticking out the top, in the true amano style.

aaronnorth said:
i love how you just buy things and dont know what they are

i gota start learning names, it always happens with plants.stems especially. i chuck the ticket and then forget the names.

anyway, here's some more wood. both bits for 24 quid. and they soaked it for me :lol: still got to buy some smaller pieces
b2119831.jpg

here's all 4 bits i think i'll have some of it sticking out the top.love it when it does that. amano makes it work so well.
dde08fdd.jpg

d7a3caf3.jpg

and heres a good reason why i need to strip the old tank down.....ive just left it alone.
d7e2b08b.jpg

stuworrall said:
and they even soaked it for you! lol

yep :D saves me a job.the guys down at MA eastbridgford seem to be coming around to the planted tank way of thinking, with a nudge from moi. :D they still have a couple of poorly planted tanks in store, but slowly does it i reckon.
and with quality wood this cheap i might clear them out of there stock.

JAmesM said:
That's some kick ass wood, Mark :D Really looking forward to this one!

awesome isn't it James ;)

now im anticipating great things from this Mark, dont less us down..

ps. i recieved the valis nana today thanks very much

Ark said:
now im anticipating great things from this Mark, dont less us down..

no pressure then.... :D

Ark said:
ps. i recieved the valis nana today thanks very much
discard the old lengthy leafs ;) you may loose some of it but once established it'l spread like fire

well, ive been trying to salvage as many usable plants as pos and as you can see the new scape has turned from scape to nursery :? i didnt realise how much moss on wood i'd actually got.

fb3da886.jpg

did someone say about putting some moss in the foreground?..... :lol:
6c44e214.jpg

the moss i had from LD has trebled. (steve and matt, still need yours ;) ) ive tryed to save the stems too.

i making lists of plants i need to order and i have to say its gona cost a fortune.

With all that moss for your new 'branchy' moss, your new 'scape is going to look almost done within the first week :)
Love moss, can't beat it.

and so another one bites the dust

a MASSIVE learning curve this tank was. its coming your way soon sari ;)

42ccd0a4.jpg

that is a hell of a lot of vallis nana

how much did you start of with?

thats a lucky neon all by himself in a 120cm tank

Ark said:
how much did you start of with?

if i remember right, i think 6 tropica pots and 4 or 4 c helferi. its certainly took ove the back of the tank. it really is thick. and when i pulled everything else out up turned stones etc, it was everywhere.

here's a preliminary shot of what i plan.

i know there will be many variations on this, but you get the idea of the plan. height wise the tops should just stick out the water (which i want.) ive got depth from front to back, after studying amanos work with wood. and it easily fits in the 120cm length.

5b884024.jpg

when the tank arrives i'll post some more accurate pics.

lets hope i dont get ill again after the amount of posts ive put up today :wideyed:

saintly said:
here's a preliminary shot of what i plan.

i know there will be many variations on this, but you get the idea of the plan. height wise the tops should just stick out the water (which i want.) ive got depth from front to back, after studying amanos work with wood. and it easily fits in the 120cm length.

5b884024.jpg

when the tank arrives i'll post some more accurate pics.

lets hope i dont get ill again after the amount of posts ive put up today :wideyed:
Shhhhh-wing! :D

Back