• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's ??????? scape

The new tank is going to look awesome! I'm looking forward to getting the old tank, it's going to be a fab project but very very very very costly... :rolleyes: Custom made cabinet, luminaire, hardscape, plants, ferts...I need a lotto rollover times five... :lol:

SteveUK said:
Brilliant wood composition matey!

thanks steve. realy looking forward to doing this tank.

sari said:
he new tank is going to look awesome! I'm looking forward to getting the old tank, it's going to be a fab project but very very very very costly... :rolleyes: Custom made cabinet, luminaire, hardscape, plants, ferts...I need a lotto rollover times five... :lol:

thanks sari, wont be long now ;)

well folks, heres what nana and c helferi came out, and it all claimed for allready 8)

batch 1....
c408a0c7.jpg

batch 2
c5a8871d.jpg

all together.

6953a909.jpg

well im waiting on the arriavl of my tank...and for sure im getting excited. the new comer that's know as Luís Moniz has just made me even more eager to get going, thanks luis ;) it probably looks like im copying, but i did have this in my head for a while, if you look at earlier posts...promise.

anyway ive got rained off today and thought i'd have ago at arranging my wood. ive put it on the stand that will be used so i can get some kind of perspective.

5ef900ff.jpg

the whole thing fits in the dimensions of the tank lovely with a bit sticking out the top. im still undecided whether to have sand foreground or plant. clean cut or wild

no doubt there will be a few minor alterations, but i reckon its almost there.

Looks really good!Who needs glass anyway? :rolleyes: As for the foreground I would have a bit of Glosso surrounding the "island", but bare sand right at the edges. Just a personal preference!

Are the pieces fairly level with each other (front-back)? Again just personal preference but I would try having some wood coming closer to the front and back of the tank to give it a bit more depth rather than a flat line of branches. Sorry if it's already like that, I can't tell from the picture ;) This is going to be really nice though :D

Tom

Tom said:
!Who needs glass anyway?

its overated :lol:

its hard to tell from the image but they are pointing in different directions. the depth issue is something ive taken into serious consideration. it could make or break it.

heres another....

431ddbf6.jpg

the second from left goes backwards, far right comes forward to the glass.... once the glass is there, 8) middle straight up.

thanks old white wood. now that means allot ;)

heres a couple more. ive overexposed these so you can see the wood arrangement better. ive added smaller pieces too. i quite like this one, as it will fill the tank.

cfc7a9d1.jpg

ee6db562.jpg

i need some more smaller pieces od landscape rock, and arrange the stone better, but you get the drift...

I hate to say it, but I preferred the first layout you did a couple of pages ago. I think the middle branch is just too upright compared to the others.

Also I think you should have a sand foreground and maybe ditch the rocks.

Should be good! I'm looking forward to it. :D

Very striking mate. Maybe move the island off centre a little?
You definitely got something going here.

Those wood pieces are screaming out for some bolbitis!! :lol: :lol:

JAmesM said:
Looking good Mark... Like Thomas though, I do like the arrangement a couple of pages back... choices, choices :? :lol:

i'll try it, im starting too look at it too hard now. im trying to envisage it fully planted.

jay said:
Very striking mate. Maybe move the island off centre a little?

for sure it wont be where it is now ;) hopefully behind some glass. :lol:

Thomas McMillan said:
I hate to say it, but I preferred the first layout you did a couple of pages ago. I think the middle branch is just too upright compared to the others.

Also I think you should have a sand foreground and maybe ditch the rocks.

the rocks are for stability only. when its grown in you wont see them. fingers crossed.

SteveUK said:
Got a list of plants you want to use yet Mark?

not sure yet steve, still thinking.....easy ones! lots of moss

What I think you should do is give the whole job lot to me.

Very nice mate, it's just not quiet there though, I just can't see where to help though. :oops:

Back