• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's ??????? scape

a couple more... a little less "symmetrical" i think. imagind whit sand going underneath the fallen branches. ignore the stones

3b46e918.jpg

94fe0489.jpg

thanks for the interest everyone

Thats really good wood (anyone else think that sounds a bit odd?)

what type is it? and where did you get it from?

I loving the shape you made, looks great

i know its probably on a previous page but whats the planting plan?

Howard

I agree that something still isn't right... It still looks quite symmetrical, even thought it is less so than the previous arrangement. Whereas the others were quite tall, these ones seem quite low and outward, with not much in teh middle. On the second one it doesn't look right witht he centre piece of wood like that... Try something that is anything but symmetrical and see what happens? Or arrange the wood how you had it on page 4 and fiddle with it a bit? I dunno...

it appears everyone's taste is different. what's right for some is wrong for others. there's not going to be a layout that suits everyone.

i reckon planting will change everything.i'll report back once ive got the tank.

possible plants.

e tenneluss mid ground and sides
v nana background

moss
anubias nana
ferns
bolbitis
rotala sp green

howardish said:
Thats really good wood (anyone else think that sounds a bit odd?)

what type is it? and where did you get it from?

I loving the shape you made, looks great

i know its probably on a previous page but whats the planting plan?

Howard

only stange if you star in films 8)

the wood is...dont know! i do know its from MA @ east bridgeford. i got all the pointy bits. im going back to see if theres any more bits to add to this scape.

I quite like the last layout. End of the day though mate, you've got to look at it day in, day out. So go with what you like the look of :)

You've done 3 good arrangements so far, so I honestly think it'll look great when you get it sorted :)

SteveUK said:
I quite like the last layout. End of the day though mate, you've got to look at it day in, day out. So go with what you like the look of :)

You've done 3 good arrangements so far, so I honestly think it'll look great when you get it sorted :)

thanks matey, i to like the last one. its only the first day of arrangement. plenty more to come.

i think im not going to use any stem plants. im in for the long haul ;)

It's all about the Bolbitis mate ;) I'm really glad I bought some from TGM. It looks fantastic. Bit pricey from anywhere you look for it, but I think it's worth it!

Both look good.

Think about what plants you're intending and how they'll mature to influence the whole composition. Symmetry isn't an issue here, Thomas.

Taller, narrower plants would go better with no.2, broader leaved with no.1. - so by your plants, I'd go no.2.

Looks like another NA-influenced classic in the making.

Are you looking at this tank being long term, Mark?
I'm sure you will put all the skills you have learnt so far into this tank. We eagerly await the masterpiece. :)

Either the 1st one or the last one,definitely not the middle one.The 1st and last one have stronger shapes with the wood which imo,won't be lost during planting (softened but still important to be strong).
The middle one is too empty in the middle.
Look forward to this one.

George Farmer said:
Think about what plants you're intending and how they'll mature to influence the whole composition. Symmetry isn't an issue here, Thomas.

Taller, narrower plants would go better with no.2, broader leaved with no.1. - so by your plants, I'd go no.2.

Looks like another NA-influenced classic in the making.

thanks george, plant choice is key.

Fred Dulley said:
Are you looking at this tank being long term, Mark?
I'm sure you will put all the skills you have learnt so far into this tank. We eagerly await the masterpiece. :)

difinatley long term fred. i initially was going to use stems, but they'll just row way to fast. so ive ditched that idea.

masterpiece? :lol: ...we'll see, just dont laugh if i trip and hurt myself though.

Goodygumdrops said:
Either the 1st one or the last one,definitely not the middle one.The 1st and last one have stronger shapes with the wood which imo,won't be lost during planting (softened but still important to be strong).
The middle one is too empty in the middle.
Look forward to this one.

at the minute the last for me, still early days yet though. ;)

Don't think stems are going to be very fitting for the style you are going for.
We've all seen how well you can grow them in The Henge so I think you'd be swamped by them on any sort of large scale.
Reckon you would have rotala coming out your.... ears :lol:

well, the time has come! ive got the tank! :D and it's awesome!

i have also purchased 2 bits of sumatra wood. both in the xxl catergory :wideyed: there huge!

eaa57f4f.jpg

nothings in its final position, nor have i decided which bit im going to use. it might be both yet. im going to live with the hardscape for a few weeks until im happy with a layout.

The big chunk on the right almost looks like a stylised flame :) might make a cool centre piece.

Awesome looking tank mate! I bet you're looking forwards to this one!

Back