• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's ??????? scape

Ooooh, kinky :D

Your going to put something under that tank, right?

I like the other wood in previous posts better tbh matey, although that piece on the right is well nice :)

Have you considered pink and blue gravel and some nice skulls? :p

JAmesM said:
Your going to put something under that tank, right?

yep. waiting for tank mat :D im a bit hesitant to put AS in yet until i get it.

i like the original idea too, but the misses loves these bits so i'll have to go with her on this one.

JAmesM said:
Have you considered pink and blue gravel and some nice skulls? :p

on order :lol:

SteveUK said:
Awesome looking tank mate! I bet you're looking forwards to this one!

cant wait mate.

BTW i met dan and graeme today, both beezer geezers :D

he seemed fine. but then i dont know him well enough to know the difference.

james keep your eye out for mr tortoise ;)

This is going to be fun. I know that in the next weeks you will try every conceivable arrangement possible, updated to this journal in real time ;) - but can you try swapping the two woods over and then slide them together in an island arrangement?

Are you also going to use your 100kg of landscape rock in this one?

Nice! I bet you're well excited.

I think the other bits of wood are so much better than these... :(

Thomas McMillan said:
I think the other bits of wood are so much better than these... :(

unfortunately , if after spending £80 on these bits of wood, i used the other bits, my wife, would surely rip my head off. from what i can work out i have a potential 3 or 4 totally different scapes. im considering the flamey piece on its own with an open area.

Ray said:
Are you also going to use your 100kg of landscape rock in this one?

again after spending a small fortune on this, i reckon i'll chuck one or two in there just for good measure and to keep wifey happy.

saintly said:
im considering the flamey piece on its own with an open area.

Please do fella.
When I look at it, It reminds me of the front cover to the film Pan's Labyrinth?
Very fairy tales fantasy look to it.
It's big too!! Get a good island effect out of that. Very good buy... Clever wife :D :D

jay said:
When I look at it, It reminds me of the front cover to the film Pan's Labyrinth?

you must be reading my mind. ive just check out the pans labyrinth and yes i see a similarity. ive also been thing about a fairytale feel to this peace of wood.

anyway. ive joined the 2 pieces together to get the mother of all pieces.....

dc9ec96e.jpg

theres going to be sand in this setup too. not yet decided in which way though.

Ray said:
This is going to be fun. I know that in the next weeks you will try every conceivable arrangement possible, updated to this journal in real time

someone knows me too well allready :lol:

saintly said:
jay said:

you must be reading my mind. ive just check out the pans labyrinth and yes i see a similarity. ive also been thing about a fairytale feel to this peace of wood.

Well you know what they say about great minds and all that 8)
You got all the AS from the Rena tank for that?
Guessing there's going to be a good amount, so the wood will be more prominent above the surface.

Okay...maybe you should use this wood instead. :lol: I shouldn't doubt you saintly!

It looks great, but my only worry with scapes like this is that the right side (which I assume is where the open sand will go) will be too open compared to the right if you know what I mean? I'm sure you know what you want and what you're doing though. No doubt it'll look great.

It's probably a bit rearly, but have you got any idea of what type of fish you're gonna have?

I really like the wood, not sure if aesthetically it's as strong as the iron wood, but still very nice.
I think you will have to run a gauntlet where you will have to be careful not to create a schizophrenic scape, the balance between the sand and the plants really will have to be perfect.
Also, go get your hands on some sweet jars to make dividers, you'll save your self a whole lot of work.

ok, before you all say, "there's flat bits on the wood" or "the sand isn't straight" 8) im going to address these issues in the future. after speaking with dan yesterday, the fella told me how to fix the flat bits.... "you hit with a chisel, get a saw at it, really give it a good bashing, it comes up lovely" or words to that effect ;) my kinda guy

anyway, ive decided on the layout. and the sand placement. im going understated with the sand. i nearly created skegness beach but decided against it. i want plants in there.

plant wise? top of the list...e tennelus. i love this plant from my henge days and now i know how it grows i can use in a better manner. moss, obviously. bolbitis. microodoo da, what ever the name is.....microsorum!!

few others too. full list soon.

9836f22b.jpg

7c55c656.jpg

07168a5a.jpg

the whole thing is just left of middle. After reading something in nature aquarium world book 1.

Thomas, your right mate ;)

tank contents.

ADA powersand. (what i had left over from the henge and previous scape) its new stuff too.
ADA malaya and amazonia...new and old
ADA bacter 100
ADAiron tabs
dressing sand (non ADA)

im waiting for my new stands for my arcadia (which broke when i stripped the rena down :( ) so i'll have some better lighting soon.

Back