• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's ??????? scape

George Farmer said:
No.2 is the stereotypical, safe, ADA-style choice. It's very nice, of course.

No.1 is interesting and I think has the potential to form the basis of a more innovative design...

What do you want, Mark? ADA or Mark?

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't say it any better.

I really hope you go with the wood from number 1.

George has hit the nail on the head, No.2 is very well done, very well done indeed but it lacks personality IMO. No.1 might me more difficult to get right but when you pull it off it'll make for a much more original scape.

In my untrained scape eyes I like the first better, it is very personal and different. That kind of scape would be much more unforgettable than the second one. :eek:

You have soma awesome wood!!!

I would do the No.2 first, wait until it is at its best and then rip it off.

Then i would do the No.1, but its very difficult...

Keep the good work.

Cheers,
deMastro

Obviously no. 2 will end up looking great with a little bit of growing and some sense from the grower.
Like George said, it's ADA by the numbers kind of 'scape. Lovely, but a bit.... meh :rolleyes:

Personally, as I said before, the sumatra wood you have, has the potential to be something very fantastical and really unique, and with your growing talent, I don't believe you'll get much joy from working on a tank that no.2 would more than likely end up becoming.

well guys im astounded by the response. thanks everyone. its quite amazing how everyone views the 2 ideas. i think i know which one i'll go for now....sorry :rolleyes: ....you want to know? :?: :lol: you'll have to wait and see.

seriously, thanks to everyone for there input. hats off to everyone. im still quite some distance from planting yet, hopefully before crimbo.

laters :D

Out of the 2 its No.1 for me ..... as has been said more intersting and unique, However I cant help thinking both arrangements are shrinking your tank (esp No.1) when I first looked at this thread I thought you were rescaping you 60 cm opti white (henge) until I saw the cabinet!

JAmesM said:
There is something about no. 1 I really don't like. Reminds me of a dead and mangled elephant :lol:

So that is the name sorted then, saintly's ??????? scape becomes saintly's dead and mangled elephant scape :lol: :lol:

Which ever option you pick Mark its going to look great, I do prefer option 2, but have seen a lot of scapes created that way lately. But is you want to enter some competitions the second option will be safer ;)

good god, where do i start with all these replies?....

firstly, im pleased with the fact that people like both scape ideas. and that it's 50-50 in the popularity stakes. at least i know i have a scape in the wings

i've now discovered that you cant please everyone. not that, that was my intention.beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. i fully appreciate the constructive criticism's and take nearly all of them on-board ;)

yesterday i was confident i which scape i was going to use...today? im not so sure. :? i dont have enough experience with the plants that i want to use, so the whole thing could end up impressive or absolutely atrocious. sit back and wait for the ride guys 8)

Someone said this before and I can't be bothered to look, but with the first one the tank does definately look smaller than it acttually is. The first one is unique, which is good but I'm not sure how that tangled wood would look with plants attached and I'm not sure the placement is right.

The second one is good, but it's a bit too generic, central, symetrical and a bit flat for me.

I'm sure you'll choose the right one and it'll look great when planted up though ;)

ok, heres what i did!....literaly fliped a coin. heads- ADA.... tails- me!.... i lost! :lol: me next scape then.

heres work in progress. the wood can come out at any time so im not all that bothered about disturbing the foreground. you might just see the barrier? as you can see its like my small opti white. but on a big scale.

this will be a relatively quick scape, e tennelus stems riccia ( :lol: ) moss. ADA style. run of the mill, symetrical good old ADA :lol:

do you realy think im going to leave that left side at 15 degrees?...of course not its going to go up 1 degree ;) would NOT in final position

307ecf0f.jpg

734ba313.jpg

still to grade the forground some yet 8) work in progress

Yes! I won! :lol:

That wood placement is awesome, I knew you had it in you! I love the graded foreground style that you've come up with too.

I just wish you would keep this scape for longer than just 'short-term' :(

Back