• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's ??????? scape

Nice plant list.

It will look really good right after planting.

You have a good eye for composition, and with your hardscape, plant selection and quantity, I really don't see how you can go far wrong.

A lot can and should be learnt from these journals. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us all.

George Farmer said:
Nice plant list.

It will look really good right after planting.

You have a good eye for composition, and with your hardscape, plant selection and quantity, I really don't see how you can go far wrong.

A lot can and should be learnt from these journals. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us all.

thanks george. still thiunking about 1 or 2 changes regarding the plants. only little changes. currently theres 3 stem varieties. i might swap 1 for m umbrosum for Ro.sp green. and change the postioning in the tank.

anyway, heres the roughest PS'ed image your ever likely to see. all it shows is where i plan on putting certain plants i.e anubias, which is obvious and e tennellus.

4fa89f3f.jpg

i will let the e tenellus get unruly, i want the wild look. a bit like old wheitwoods tank. the pic is only to show whats in my head. the crypts will work from the center out wards. r rotundifolia and sp green at the back, other stems mid ground (somewhere) c helferi off center back. moss on wood. pixie on pixie chair ;) ....you get the pic.

Thomas McMillan said:
That's a mad amount of plants there!

Looking forward to the planting. Even with just that one fern there it's easy to imagine how it's going to turn out and I'm liking it1

plant madness! :lol:

aaronnorth said:
how are you keeping it alive?

special invisible water Aaron ;)

LondonDragon said:
Nice one Mark, looking forward to this setup fully planted, you can also enter that PS edit to AGA next year :p

im sure it gets done more than we think. RAW image files...that's the future!

ive put the order in today and plants should be here Thursday. so next weekend it should be planted up. what ever is left over shall go in to my nursery tank that i have set up at my mums , which is actually a real nice scape. anyway when this scape is up and running, then i'll tackle my 60cm optiwhite. and also I've been asked to scape a tank at my local MA store. which i'll start in the near future :D

blimey, 163 posts and not a plant planted :lol:

anyway, heres a pic i took tonight of nature aquarium book 1. folks, for those of you without this book, i strongly recommend you buy it along with aqua journals! priceless inspiration!

4546ef32.jpg

see you all in a couple of weeks!

ive seen many photos posted mate without authorisation. the photo is for inspiration purposes only.

if the mods want it taken off, i will no probs. thanks for the critique aaron

Blimey!! With all those plants and the mass of moss at your mum's, this tank will look about 2 years old within the first week!!

planter said:
Nice one! May I ask which MA?

east bridgford, near notts. it wont be until the new year due to the holiday period. its a corner tank too. 250l :wideyed: i've got my thinking cap on!

jay said:
Blimey!! With all those plants and the mass of moss at your mum's, this tank will look about 2 years old within the first week!!

hopefully it should look ok from the outset. ive also bought another microsorum slightly smaller than the other. they'll sit left and right if the main branch. ive had them in tonight and it instantly looks full with 2 microsorums. theres another 80 pots or so to go in yet :D

samc said:
i like how u have done the wood should be good to see how it progresses

very kind of you to say so samc :D

updates folk!

my plant order has arrived and there's good and bad news. the good. i got 75% of my order...the bad i'm missing 25% of my order :wideyed: yep i did maths at school. the missing plant? 14 pots of e tenellus and 6 pots c helferi. ive opted to plant up regardless of the missing items. there coming next week.

anyway, the plants that i do have are in one word..."stunning" if anyone's in doubt about the quality of aquafleurs plants, just look at the following images. i've often gone to some aquatic shops and seen aquafleur plants in dark dingy, algae ridden tanks and thought to myself...oh my god, i aint buying those. but fortunately I've managed to get some "from the factory" plants! the whole "aquafluer/ tropica " choice was a gamble, but it appears its payed off!

ok some pics....

the 2 boxes from aquafleur and 1 from rich at aqua essentials, the little boy? he's mine! he's to be sent back to aquafleur in the empty box :lol:

5f6b8caa.jpg

stems, crypts and microsorum....

93134c38.jpg

both boxes...

98faee10.jpg

ive ordered anubias barteri var nana. and ive made a mistake...i wanted the small ones but not to woory i think i can incorporate these somehow ;)

d016d9a4.jpg

e371ada9.jpg

theres 10 of these things :wideyed:

heres how they may look in the bigger picture....there's only 3 pots equivalent in there!

87a3d25f.jpg

all this to go in to that rectangular thing in the background, plus ive got 20 more pots coming....happy days!

3babf4ef.jpg

so as you can see ive got a mad 2 days coming up. ive also got the 2 big micrsorums on wood (tropica) to go in and a shed load of moss to tie and 4 smaller anubias plants to go in, so the whole thing should be stuffed even without the missing pots oh and the 5 pots of rotala sp green from AQUA ESSENTIALS! :D

laters folks

mark

It already looks amazing, even with just the three pots of anubias! I'm well looking forward to this.

You've got a mad amount of plants there!

I demand photos. :D

samc said:
wow never seen so many plants ordered in looks like ur gonna be there for a while

its going to be quite a task to do this. ive got other plants in other tanks at other locations (mums) im trying to decide on plant positioning i.e microsorum anubias mainly

JAmesM said:

hearin' ya matey

Thomas McMillan said:
It already looks amazing, even with just the three pots of anubias! I'm well looking forward to this.

You've got a mad amount of plants there!

I demand photos. :D

easy tiger, the anubias does add an instant look 8)

vauxhallmark said:
mmm...fun!!!! :D

yup

aaronnorth said:
looking forward to it,

me too mate

what website did you get the aquafleur plants from? maybe worth a look. :D

Back