• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's ??????? scape

jay said:
All lovely, just the true rummy shoal brilliantly.
If you go for rummies, then make sure you get the true Rummynose tetra.
Long torpedo shape with a hint of green to the body.
You can get mimic rummynose's which are exactly the same in colouration, but they are smaller and a more rounded face.
Kind of like a cartoon sketch of a true rummynose :lol:

All lovely, just the true rummy shoal brilliantly.

i'll be sure to remember that.

Garuf said:
Denesoni barbs maybe?

lovely fish. im guessing pricey. ive seen these in amano layouts (the larger ones) if i could source some id get a few i reckon

I reckon you should get a few Dwarf Cichlids like Rams and a nice tetra shoal. It's always good to try out new fish and Dwarfs are amazing.

Thomas McMillan said:
Dwarf Cichlids like Rams

i absalutley love german rams. probably my fave fish if im honest. i could get some of those to add a certain feel to the set up? and a relatively big shoal of something else. i like the idea of the denison barb also

Yeah, German Blue Rams are great, although I prefer Bolivian but I've never kept Bolivians.

IMHO Denesoni barbs are too busy for that 'scape. Fast swimmers up and down the tank do little for me when trying to relax. Long-term they're too big for 120cm too.

Rams are lovely but need softwater to be at their best. Beware of fragile imports from Asia that tend not to last long after purchase.

Thomas McMillan said:
Ooh, a Bristlenose, that's different. I've always wanted to keep them in a planted tank - how do you find it with your plants?

I think Cardinals would suit the scape, even though they are so generic and boring. Go for something different!

Bristlenose's in a planted tank are a bit of a pain IMO. They basically get too big and crash about kicking up muck and breaking or knocking stems about. They can also uproot stuff unless it's well established.

How about glowlight tetras or gold tetras (H. ulreyi?).

beeky said:
Bristlenose's in a planted tank are a bit of a pain IMO. They basically get too big

taken on board, but ive never had a problem with them. don't see it half the time. there not monstrous in size. 11cm max i think. theyve never up rooted anything even un-established plants.

saintly said:
beeky said:
Bristlenose's in a planted tank are a bit of a pain IMO. They basically get too big

taken on board, but ive never had a problem with them. don't see it half the time. there not monstrous in size. 11cm max i think. theyve never up rooted anything even un-established plants.

hehe, maybe I've just got a delinquent :lol:

JAmesM said:
Blind man to Mark, come in Mark... I don't see it! Over. :lol:

remember i made a comment about a pixixe chair?...no one spotted it!

search my friend, search.

4fa89f3f.jpg

I thought it was just a comment about something that looked like a pixie chair. I didn't realise there was actually a pixie in there!

I can see this becoming a regular "find the pixie" competition! If you can't see it, think "if I were a pixie, where would I sit...."

Back