• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's ??????? scape

well guys, your making me smile at least.

a quick update(without pics) 4 days in and ive lost the anubias leaves, but Dave (spencer) made me aware so just trimmed them off when the started melting. there are signs of new ones coming through.

the crypts, i think are not going to melt thankfully. HM is picking up, rotal sp green steady growth. m unbrosum is looking lovely. it seems to be "creeping" which considering its on the 2 sides, is a good thing as it wont throw the height issue. the rotala rotundifolia?....that's doubled in height :wideyed: and some! its gone mental.

mosses starting to green up. ive added some flame moss to one particular branch. my e teneluss is due this week, so that will go in at the weekend.

cheers folks

I've always noticed that with M. Umbrosum. Almost like a bushy, low foreground plant. Nce in a massive tank, I'm sure.

Hope to see how you've incorporated the flame moss with all the other mosses everywhere. I've just done a re-scape with java and xmas(I think) moss, and I've got a ton of flame moss to use but I just don't think it will look right.
I was thinking maybe some small moss stones in and around certain areas. You going for a big branch accent piece? Sounds good.

Saintly, I might just have a present for you...

Wayney said:
Pictures dammit, we need.....no.....DEMAND pictures :lol:

im trying to resist the urge to post images 8) i'm going to play this one cool.

the addition of e tenelus has added the extra texture i was looking for. i nearly didnt put it in but when i started adding it it became apparent that it was need. now its just a case of sit and wait.

as of tomorrow i switch to EI.....for folks who are not aware http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... th=145_146

saintly said:
Wayney said:
Pictures dammit, we need.....no.....DEMAND pictures :lol:

im trying to resist the urge to post images 8) i'm going to play this one cool.

the addition of e tenelus has added the extra texture i was looking for. i nearly didnt put it in but when i started adding it it became apparent that it was need. now its just a case of sit and wait.

as of tomorrow i switch to EI.....for folks who are not aware http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... th=145_146
As much as I love Rich and AE, Garden Direct are cheaper for all your EI needs :)

And, I still don't see pixie or a chair :lol:

Re: saintly's "The Miracle Mire"

The miracle bog? There's no miracle about this tank, it was always going to be amazing.

i've started my EI dosing as of yesterday. now there's one thing. im not really sure if its just me or my eyes, but the tank looks so damn vibrant in colour. surely EI wouldn't encourage such lush colours in 2 days? it really is such a difference.

anyway..... this was day 1 planted, which you've all seen

54aed4c1.jpg

c6d6292e.jpg

here's today, day 8....

d21f185c.jpg

c7f7cc20.jpg

as you can see things are growing well. i just keep trimming the odd leaf which has melted on the crypts,the crypts are starting to sprout new leafs now. anubias lost 50% of leaves, but i've had 1 new one already.and there showing signs of more growth. you can see the stems are growing at a sharp rate (rotal rotundifolia)

the Micranthemum umbrosum is looking real nice, albeit low. the hm is has just established itself. it didnt do anything until a day or 2 ago.rotala sp green also coming up the rear. The moss also is just starting to turn a nicer shade of green :D

so in general, everything is cool. regular water changes 2 x 50% weekly initialy, 6 hours of light, and co2 pumping out. BTW, maybe its due to running 2 mature filters, but ive had no signs of diatom algae.which is the first time ive never had it. (its in thelilly pipes because i didnt clean them before putting them in.)

i told you i couldn't resist :lol:

wow, i love it, i could really do with someone like you to scape my tank!!!!

Looking awsome Mark :) congrats
Can't fault it really, mine is looking crap at the moment, kind of lost the bug at the moment!
See if the new year brings new setup ;)

im soo jealous of tanks like these!!!, i just wish you could invent robots who are master scapers who come round when you set up a new tank. i can only dream. looking good mark .

Back