• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's "The Miracle Mire"

I don't think its so much EI that does it. I find that when I run an EI style it seems to be the high water changes and maybe the extra O that the water changes bring that seem to brighten everything up. Water clarity is really good with EI when it is working too.

It could also be that when using leaner dosing like TPN+ that if one nutrient is at bare minimum then that maybe is the difference between looking superb and looking good.

Mine seems to have brightened up a huge amount too since returning to EI!!!

AC

SuperColey1 said:
It could also be that when using leaner dosing like TPN+ that if one nutrient is at bare minimum then that maybe is the difference between looking superb and looking good.

might be right there. because of the cost i really back off with a bigger tank.

JAmesM said:
Sweet ^_^ That's one hell of a 'scape mate! I bet you're well chuffed :)

i'm happy mate. to be honest im happy with the plant growth of course, but the one thing im happy with the most is, it looks like i want it to look like as opposed to falling lucky with a scape.

samc said:
looking good i see what u mean about the growth it went a really nice green colour very quickly and ur crypts have grown quick too
thanks samc, its hard to believe but in real life even, the tank looks that green and when i put all 4 lights on it looks unbelievable

Nick16 said:
im soo jealous of tanks like these!!!, i just wish you could invent robots who are master scapers who come round when you set up a new tank. i can only dream. looking good mark .

persistence nick, it wasnt so long ago i was growing algae, just believe in yourself.

LondonDragon said:
Looking awsome Mark :) congrats

cheers fella, the moss is all down to you mate ;)

ive acquired 3 more anubias plants (small ones) which should fill the odd annoying gap. garuf kindly gave me ten plantlets which i have plans for in my 60cm. ive got some borneowilde wood from AE which if i can tell everyone, is amazing! journal coming soon for that :D

Garuf said:

sorry garuf, 20.

heres the last pic for a bit. it's a little like the one from day one, just with PS curves adjustment....

f70a4c81.jpg

im itching to get a shoal of something :wideyed:

Excellent colour, and it looks pristine!!
think its screaming out for some kind of rasbora... maybe steer away from the usual planted tank fish.

now thats what im talking about. nice find nick. its that kind of thing i would be looking for. embers, cardinals etc bright fish

aparently MA can order them in for you. i dont know the costs etc but i am probably going to try some out. if you get any let me know.

Try Rasbora Hengeli Mark. Smaller copper coloured version of harlequin rasbora. And consider pearl gourami and bottia striata or sidmuthika(sp?)

Its looking fab, BTW.

Hows your ammonia levels - you've already got ottos and shrimp in there, right? 2 mature filters is deffo the way to go. None of this 15+ppm ammonia rubbish like I had...

Ray said:
Hows your ammonia levels - you've already got ottos and shrimp in there, right? 2 mature filters is deffo the way to go. None of this 15+ppm ammonia rubbish like I had...

ive not tested, but im guessing there ok.i'm certainly past the brown diatom stage(i think) i didnt get any.

i put live stock in virtually straight away with no ill effects :D

I think if you went for something really small, like a microrasbora or something similar and then got a couple of hundred of them it would look super amazing.

I've got Hengli Rasboras, they're pretty much the same as Harlequins but have a neon orange streak under the black triangle marking. They are also a bit smaller I think. They are nice fish, and I think they would definately suit the scape well if you got them. I prefer them to Harlequins, definately, because that neon orange streak makes them look better IMO.

Thomas McMillan said:
I think if you went for something really small, like a microrasbora or something similar and then got a couple of hundred of them it would look super amazing.

I think they would be too small for this size tank, (well at least a shoal of 100 would be), it would be to distracting, maybe something a bit larger like cardinals - but not them as they are not original.

You could be right about that Aaron, did't think of it that way. All the same, a big shoal of anything would look amazing, just don't get anything too generic and boring.

Cherry Barbs are cool fish, not too popular and used but even though they like to be in groups, I wouldn't class them as a shoaling fish. It could still work, though.

the fishy debate continues :D....keep it up lads, your saving me from frying my brain thinking about it. when youve decided pm me and i'll get them ;)

anyway another 5 ottos added, 10 in all. i'll just keep stocking slowly.

the r rotundifolia is near the top now, and no red.

What about another barb? Tiger barbs maybe? Pentazona barbs? I think they'd suit the scape well, maybe even a smaller shoal of zebra danios or something aswell?

Back