• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's "The Miracle Mire"

im actually thinking about a big shoal of red eye teras like i had before. its just soooo difficult choosing. im the kinda person who needs to see them in the flesh...then i'll know. ;)

Any chance you'll be going to MA Crowland any time soon? Don't choose anything till you've been there, that place has loads of quality fish ;)

Dan Crawford said:
Any chance you'll be going to MA Crowland any time soon?

yeah, in the new year i think. i was supposed to be hooking up with george this weekend but ive had to alter my plans :?

Goodygumdrops said:
I came across this place last night whilst mooching about,don't kow how close to you they are,but from what I understand,they post,and seem to have a pretty humungous range of fish:

nice find. i think its a way for me, but saying that ive travelled tTGM for hardscape

quick up date,

my e tennelus has at last started to show signs of immersed growth. it was bought in its emerged form.
the rotal rotundifolia is at the top now and is due its trim maybe sunday.
the rotal sp green. was a slow starter but is coming up nicely now (see image)
the m umbrosum is still staying low, just like hc would grow.it is coming up but REAL slow and bushing of its own accord.

minor crypt melt is all but over with new growth coming through.
mosses greening up
anubias,microsorum doing good. c helferi...thumbs up oh, and ive added blyxa ;)

im also tempted to put a black background on this set up. a bit like early amano work nature aquarium book 1

anyway a pic, not full frontal just a taster.

3ef03a3e.jpg

Hi Mark, The tank is really starting to shine now matey. It'll look superb when the stems bush out and take shape.
Kudos mate....Mucho kudos :D

Do you know,I could hardly believ reading a thread from less than a year ago where Saintly felt less than qualified to offer advice.I had to double check the dates.

Your tanks rock!!

Wayney said:
Hi Mark, The tank is really starting to shine now matey. It'll look superb when the stems bush out and take shape.
Kudos mate....Mucho kudos :D

cheers buddy

Goodygumdrops said:
Do you know,I could hardly believ reading a thread from less than a year ago where Saintly felt less than qualified to offer advice.I had to double check the dates.

thanks goodygumdrops. its now my first full year of aquascaping just over actually.

heres a pic this time last year....dont laugh! ive posted this before. its almost to the day!

6cfe72ed.jpg

Looks really grown in already! I think a black background definately gets a thumbs up from me.

Lol,I like the sword corner.Tell me,did you start planted tanks before you found UKAPS,and do you think UKAPS has changed your outlook?

Goodygumdrops said:
.Tell me,did you start planted tanks before you found UKAPS,and do you think UKAPS has changed your outlook?

i started roughly oct 2007 ish.

. i just fell in love with planted tanks and was determined to produce a good looking tank. i started on TFF where i discovered the basics regards co2 ferts but that wasn't till march this year. the last 8 months ive just buried my head in books and the net. :D

i discovered ukaps (AAron north guided me, thanks fella ;) ) summer this year i think, and yes its changed my aquascaping tons. i found who to trust regards information on ukaps and never looked back. i think those guys know who they are (tips hat)
i feel happy that i now have another creative escape in my life.

thanks for the interest goody ;)

aaronnorth said:
I found your first ever rock positioning in your Rena 300 the funniest

much to be desired. :lol:

ok im letting my secret out for my photos. my wife caught my son this evening doing this.... i left the camera out while i went up stairs briefly.

bdebd52d.jpg

saintly said:
Wayney said:
That would make a perfect caption photo :lol: :lol:

yeah, something like

"DAD! your doing it all wrong, just look and learn"

I was thinking ' DAD ! The white balance is all wrong ha,ha....... silly noob :lol: :lol: :lol: .

It's been him all along,hasn't it?Have we actually ever physically ever SEEN Saintly doing a tank?All the clues are there,the hidden pixies,think about it.....

Back