• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's "The Miracle Mire"

Themuleous said:
must have been a fair bit!

yeah, but thankfully i've got laminate flooring and a wet and dry vac. so all was cool in 5 minutes.

while i'm typing a quick update.

the e tenellus is transforming wonderfully now. the appearance is more of an accent rather than a lawn effect. the m umbrosum is growing like hc and is mingling with the crypts and things and actually looks real natural. it's giving me ideas for the future.

anubias are producing new leaves now.

mosses look radiant.

sp green has really taken a hold now and looks so vibrant. r rotunfifolia?...hair cut tomorrow. i'm a little unhappy that i cant trim all the stems at the same time. but it's no big deal.

no signs of the dreaded green stuff 8) maybe because of EI, one thing is for sure, i wished i'd used EI along time ago!

once i've trimmed them i'll pot them up and put them in the other tank at my parents and if anyone wants them once the post resumes PM me ;)

heres a couple with tank partialy empty...

0072ec63.jpg

0de08ee3.jpg

a2f83d02.jpg

aaronnorth said:
Reminded me of Gordon Ramsay ;)

f@#*k me it does :lol:

heres a before trim with black background almost 3 weeks in.... and after also day 1 pic

54aed4c1.jpg

47e7b2d1.jpg

dd64fceb.jpg

i've fallen a little lucky with these stems, before i would just cut straight through leaving a straight line, but the stems have got loads of new growth below the cut line so i decided to leave the new growth alone. if one takes of quicker than the rest i'll trim it.

i wanted to do a little more maintenance but im feeling ill so it will have to wait im afraid. many more trims until it starts to look anything like....

Looking really good, the growth is amazing!

Get well soon! Everyone seems to be ill ATM.

JAmesM said:
LOVE the black background mate :)

cheers buddy, im thinking of adding a permanent one . i think for this scape, it should show the shape of the stems a little clearer, rather than washed out lines.
anycures for the flu? :?

Thomas McMillan said:

benalyn night and day....doing nothing :(

the growth is pretty good. i did ask the ADA guys whether you could use the ADA iron bottom on a new set up and they say its only for depleted AS. mine is quite new and theres a new bag on top and i still added ADA iron bottom which contains added NPK. this is the second with this configuration....

powersand
AS amazonia/malaya
bacter100
iron bottom (not needed apparently but i used it)
growth is amazing

maybe by accident the plants are really getting what they want in abundance through a REALLY rich substrate and full on EI

Thomas McMillan said:
I think those Ember Tetras look alright :D

i'm liking them too thomas. still time to decide fully. hopefully george could put some light on the fish debate?

hey thomas, they swim around real well when i change the water. i may consider a shoal of 60/70? theres 30 at the minute.

6a3c3766.jpg

Nice! I would say get nearer 100 but a they definately suit the scape and it's a great fish choice.

Thomas McMillan said:
Nice! I would say get nearer 100 but a they definately suit the scape and it's a great fish choice.

kinda what i was thinking. 100 would look pretty cool.

Themuleous said:
Lovely scape :)

thanks sam

samc said:
looking good it looks as if its been done months ago. plants looking great still

i think it's because of the ferns giving an "instant" kind of visual.

can everyone tell im stuck at home bored? i was supposed to be at a family meal :? anyway, flu dont stop me getting my hands wet! i've taken part of supercoleys advice and started to cut off some of the old blackening leaves off the microsourum. there's new growth at the rhizome too :wideyed:

blimey i'm really not the crypt/fern/slow growth kinda guy....i need grasses hc e tenellus, stems in my life, football stadium lighting and life grasping co2 levels, joking aside it's all learning i suppose

yo ho ho....bahhh! cant wait for my son to open his nintendo wii! boy im going to have some fun on that!

I would get a good shoal of Ember Tetras, and then one or two pairs of Rams. Sorted.

George Farmer said:
I think the 'scape is complex enough to have two or three species of display fish.

I went to Crowland today and saw some fish that you'll love...

Merry Christmas, Mark.

merry Christmas to you George, and in fact to everyone on ukaps :D
so you reckon possibly 2 or 3 varieties? yeah, i guess your right. i suppose its like a jungly kinda feel and could house numerous varities.

you got me wondering now! i'll have to check those fish out in the near future George.

Thomas McMillan said:
and then one or two pairs of Rams.

the German blue ram? love em.

Back