• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's "The Miracle Mire"

Driftwood dominated layouts are known as 'Ryoboku'. The ADA gallery is full of them. Here's another -

7.jpg

I really like them.

I totally empathise with your desire to create new stuff. So many ideas, so little time... That's why I have my 60cm 'play tank' and my bigger longer-term display tank.

aaronnorth said:
So it shows that your scape could pretty high in the ADA 2009 ;)

nice thought aaron, but i dont think it would score so high. of course there's a long way to go, i suppose its all down to the appearance of the stems and how successful i am in trimming them.

George Farmer said:
Driftwood dominated layouts are known as 'Ryoboku'. The ADA gallery is full of them. Here's another -

ive seen that one george, one of my faves.completely obscure wood arrangement. hat off to the guy that put that wood in to an empty tank and thought "that looks good"...imagine it with no plants....now that's foresight ;)

George Farmer said:
I totally empathise with your desire to create new stuff. So many ideas, so little time... That's why I have my 60cm 'play tank' and my bigger longer-term display tank.

maybe when i've got the other 3 tanks up and running i may push this one to it's limits.

so i've had a heads up from a friend regards posting images before the ADA 2009 comp. looks like i'm going to lay off posting images before may :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed:

weird thing is i never even thought about ADA09 until today. looks like im in!

i'll update via writing but thats it!

mark

Thomas McMillan said:
It won't be a proper Saintly journal without weekly photos!
JAmesM said:
Right, you need to scape up the 60cm just to keep us happy with weekly pics! :D

guys i'm on it. i'm scaping my 60cm with the borneo wilde wood from AE. just waiting on a few bits and bobs....light suspension kit new filter etc....

saintly said:
...i think it would be possible to completely cut out the stems and be left with a different look scape all together

I have had my doubts about the stems and overall effect on the shape of this aquascape......mentioned it a while ago. :idea:

The IAPLC is becoming a PITA for people not showing their tanks anymore.

Dave.

saintly said:
jay said:
You can still post pics, just no full tank shots.

well thast me out then :?

No way mate, this is all initial stages shots.
Just don't think you should post any full shots once it starts to mature.

I posted a full tank shot of my hardscape... if they dont allow me to enter my final 'scape because of me posting a full tank shot then they gonna get an angry Jay knocking on the ADA Niigata door :mad:

aaronnorth said:
stuworrall said:
tanks looking stunning saintly, true genius in there :D

Ive never understood the no pics rule for ada entries. is it to keep their exclusivity? (if i spelt that ok)

Also to make sure nobody can take another persons work of the net.
that makes sense, thanks

Dave Spencer said:
The IAPLC is becoming a PITA for people not showing their tanks anymore.
Hear Hear! This is becoming a secret society. All our top aquascapers are working in secret. Instead of living vicariously through the journals of others I have to actually look at my own tank :wideyed:

Dear Diary, performed another trim today. Looks great. Told wife not to open the curtains. Only 132 days until the IAPLC.

Saintly, this is just not the same without the photo's. In the old days the above posts would have had before and after shots. If we have a whip round how much money do you want NOT to enter the IAPLC? :lol:

Ray said:
Dear Diary, performed another trim today. Looks great. Told wife not to open the curtains. Only 132 days until the IAPLC.

seriously ray, you made me laugh out loud :lol:

i know, its killing me also. i want to post the before and after images :(

soon i'll have at least 2 more tanks up and running so pics galore.

Back