• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's "The Miracle Mire"

Forget the competitions and show it to us hahaha or you have to do a UKAPS meet at your place so we can see it ;)
One of the top scapers in the UK for sure in a very short time, well done mate :)

LondonDragon said:
Forget the competitions and show it to us hahaha or you have to do a UKAPS meet at your place so we can see it ;)

:lol: anytime!

LondonDragon said:
One of the top scapers in the UK for sure in a very short time, well done mate :)

well, i'll say thanks but i honestly don't think it's true.i still make simple errors when it comes to hard scape placement.

with a year behind me now, we'll see what the coming year brings. George and the likes are at the top the tree, just look at the awesome scapes in his 6 years thread.

hopefully I'll compete in a few years time. :D i've said it before, i'm just lucky ;)

Hi Mark,i have just read this from start to now and i think you have achieved a cracking aquascape,the plant choice is just right in my opinion a really great job,i am still waiting for my bro in law to finish making me a cabinet for my opti-white tank he has started but he is so busy he cant seem to get it finished :mad: regards john

john starkey said:
Hi Mark,i have just read this from start to now and i think you have achieved a cracking aquascape,the plant choice is just right in my opinion a really great job

your a kind man John, thanks :D

well this no posting of full tank shots is an blahblahblahblah dont you think? :?here's a snap shot. I'm afraid that's it :(

62293dd3.jpg

mark

George Farmer said:
Have you done much post processing, the contrast is large on my monitor?
Nice shot, Mark.

Have you done much post processing, the contrast is large on my monitor?

not an awful lot, mainly what i do before converting to jpeg, correct exposure etc, there's a little curves. this is one of the dangers of processing images on an un calibrated monitor :? ....I've found recently that when i print, the image is slightly darker than what's on screen. i'll have to be aware of that for the future.

i bet this one looks real dark?

00ea5e74.jpg

i've just checked the same images on-line on my wife's lap top and they look fine.better than my monitor strange

aaronnorth said:
Both images seem fine on mine (and all previous pictures too)

good stuff, i do like contrasty images though.

i hooked up my cheapo flash gun today and placed it on my tripod,pointed it into the tank! used a chair as another tripod and fired away. its not often i use flash, but im finding for fish its pretty invaluble for detail as you'll hopefully see here.... :lol: i just cant help myself!

the riccia, i could of got without flash, but hey ho....

12caf120.jpg

you've all seen old red eye, but he's made a special appearance.....

253d131e.jpg

and here's my fave, which wouldn't of looked like this without a flash...Mrs ram

ecfb499e.jpg

What on earth happened to that ram?! Is it deformed or something?

yeah, it's a balloon ram. i don't really agree with balloon fish but at the end of the day, if they're there then you might aswell giv ethem a good home ;)

funny little thing eh?...getting some realens soon. just thought it was good for photography practise.

Looks perfectly normal to me but then I have a poor graphics card incapable of anything but 4:3 whilst using a 16:9 screen.

Therefore everyone should buy balloon fish so that they look normal to me without having to change my screen to 4:3 :lol:

AC

Saintly - Are the rules for ADA only that you can't enter pictures that you have published/printed elsewhere? Meaning it is OK to show your tank but you can't use these pictures for your entry.

Of course this would mean holding back the best ones each time just in case you want to use them but doesn't stop you showing your tank off!!

This is the excerpt from the contest site:
Only unreleased / unpublished work produced by an individual applicant is accepted.

The site is here:
http://en.iaplc.com/about/application.html

AC

SuperColey1 said:
This is the excerpt from the contest site:
Only unreleased / unpublished work produced by an individual applicant is accepted.

i read the same thing andy, cant quite get my head around it.

i even thought about taking the images i have posted on various sites, down. another thing i considered was to not enter and just keep posting. theres not a cat in hells chance of coming anywhere, so postpone untill next year.

To me, so long as you've not published that photo previously, I should think you are OK. However, other people may not agree & what it originally said in Japanese might be completely different!

I certainly can't think of an ADA entry I had much idea of before hand, except perhaps English summer & Mark's Dutch tank - perhaps you can ask George when you have a cuppa with him? With his contacts and experience he should understand better?

Ray said:
perhaps you can ask George when you have a cuppa with him? With his contacts and experience he should understand better?

it was George that kindly put me on to the whole not posting thing....2 sugars BTW!

to be safe i guess no posting shouldn't be too difficult :? what with balloon rams and the likes, people are beginning to think there monitors are broken anyway :lol:

Back