• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

Re: saintly's "The Miracle Mire"

A non ram shot....now this really is it. even i'm getting bored :lol:

hopefully the shots will look better with just a variety of fish.things are getting wild now. still one or 2 old microsorum leaves to go.

d1b5a0f7.jpg

saintly said:
hopefully the shots will look better with just a variety of fish.things are getting wild now. still one or 2 old microsorum leaves to go.
Just a variety? I can count every species of tetra known to man plus a couple more :D

But please do keep posting, just without the fish - its easier for me to stitch the images together to make a full tank shot. :lol:

Ray said:
saintly said:

But please do keep posting, just without the fish - its easier for me to stitch the images together to make a full tank shot. :lol:
:lol:

IMO you can post a tank, just not a few months before the finish date of the scape, as in those few months it will be totally different from when it was last published!

Looking very natural with all of those fish there. They are very well trained, all posing in one part of the tank together.

Thomas McMillan said:
They are very well trained, all posing in one part of the tank together.

i can literally get them to go where i want. the feed from hand no probs. the sae's would take your hand off if they were bigger. i use my son to tease them into going to one spot in the tank. they think there getting fed.

LondonDragon said:
You need to stop teasing us

:lol:

Ray said:

:lol: jig saw puzzle eh ray?

I guess you can put full tank shots up if the final submission will be quite different.

I warned Mark as I suspected I was marked down due to my 'scape being published before judging in the 2008 IAPLC.

My 370 litre 'scape will be published soon in PFK, but the full tank shots are of the tank literally during setting up. Other, more recent photos, are close-ups in a similar vain to Mark's. The final submission will incorporate a lot more changes still.

It's down to Mark, of course, and how he personally interprets the rules vs. public pressure to show off his layout.

George Farmer said:
It's down to Mark, of course, and how he personally interprets the rules vs. public pressure to show off his layout.
He should just keep us waiting and try and get a good score in the competition and bring the UK entries up to scratch :)

You can post near as damn full tank shots now mate. Just When you feel like its getting towards the moment of perfection, don't post any full tank shot that you plan on entering to the ADA.

Its all so damn technical... all about competition. Its what kills sports and hobbies :lol:

jay said:
Its all so damn technical... all about competition. Its what kills sports and hobbies :lol:

jay, your so right mate. when I started this hobby, i never anticipated competitions and the likes. and to be honest, if I'm not careful I'll drive myself nutty with wanting things to be right :wideyed: most folk on this site know by now that i can be quite intense when it comes to this hobby.....the thing that was supposed to relax me, is now making me manic!

LondonDragon said:
He should just keep us waiting and try and get a good score in the competition and bring the UK entries up to scratch :)

LD, it wont score well mate. there's too much wrong with it, that's what's putting me off but then I'm looking at it way to hard.

saintly said:
LD, it wont score well mate. there's too much wrong with it, that's what's putting me off but then I'm looking at it way to hard.
Just one step at a time, from what I seen of it so far its a great scape with a lot of potential, I am sure it will look great in no time at all, just keep tweeking it ;)

are they SAE's? will they not get too big? :arrow: and then get aggressive? do they eat any algae at all?

SAEs are peaceful fish. You are thinking of CAEs which turn into fish eating machines as they get bigger.

AC

LondonDragon said:
Great photography Mark, when I grow up I want to take photos like those :)

:lol: thanks LD. i also took your advice on the moss trimming. its a killer not posting images, it has to be said. technical this is not a full tank shot.

heres one showing one side. you can see the sp green in the back bushing out after its second trim, it will be due trim no.3 soon. i have to keep an eye on the umbrosum as it creeps too much for my liking.i think its coming to the stage where i can get shape to the plants now rather than untidy ones....thats the plan.

7601ab7f.jpg

aaronnorth said:
i have mixed thoughts about the moss as it looks a bit dark due to the brightness of the other plants, so it looks as though it is dieing imo

:lol: aaron, my lights are positioned over the back mate. when i bring the lights towards the front things take on a whole new look ;) look at the moss in the image with the sae's does that look healthy enough?

Back