• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

saintly's "The Miracle Mire" scape over

I'm gonna be watching that sale section, I'm well after those crypts.

Yep, Amano, book 1. Those poor rummy's and dwarf cichlid's.

See, even the great one's tanks go pear shaped. :D

I do like how this journal is still going, just shows how everyone enjoyed it so... even in death, people are still learning from it.

so let battle commence....

i've taken the forground wood out, removed the landscape rock form front. nicked the blyxa. next 2 weeks should see off a lot of the plants. filter 2 and heater and lillys gone on my 60cm.

_MG_8858-01.jpg

you can see my barrier now, floating riccia....just a general mess really

go mark, go mark, go mark :lol:

i'm so glad you're continueing this... i think it looks much better than ever before fromt hat photo!

nice one, keep us posted

Thomas McMillan said:
i'm so glad you're continueing this... i think it looks much better than ever before fromt hat photo!

i'm still stripping it down Thomas.

i'm glad you like it though. you think it looks better?

i got plans for the new scape. 8)

yeah, it looks MUCH better with the more open foreground

it's not too bad you're stripping it down... it could only get a little bit better to be honest, i don't reckon it had too much left in it

andddd i bet this iwagumi youre planning will be great ;)

Thomas McMillan said:
it could only get a little bit better to be honest, i don't reckon it had too much left in it

to some degree your right Thomas. it was just a case of waiting for the stems, but i was itching to see what they were going to look like in the end. a lesson not learnt on that one.

but it's still to come down, I don't want to tinker here and there. i want to learn how to get a scape right, right from the outset. :D

the next set up is deffo an iwagumi. i'm really up for this with what I've learnt over the past few months. the MA scape has boosted my confidence with the rock arrangement. i just got to get some great looking cheap stone.

substrate wise, it's 80%% old ADA and I'm going with the JBL aquabasis plus....i'm having great success with it in my 60cm

Looking good Mark, tidy up the stems and wait 10 days and you will have something - the sense of depth and space is much more pronounced - good recovery there! Perhaps you can rent some fish for the final shoot ;)

As for getting it right fist time - ha, that's a side effect of getting lots of experience but I suspect the serendipity angle is important - you will stumble on stuff you will never think of in 1000 years - at least I have :). I bet even Amano did for many years.

PS - love the new Iwagumi, its the first time I've ever felt almost inspired to make one myself. I'll keep my eyes open once hiking season starts in the Swiss Alps ;)

Ray said:
As for getting it right fist time - ha, that's a side effect of getting lots of experience but I suspect the serendipity angle is important - you will stumble on stuff you will never think of in 1000 years -

Ray, that is so true. it reminds me a little of when i was a child, learning to play guitar....the want to NOT conform lead me to playing graded pieces slightly different to what was written....sometimes by choice sometimes by accident. The accidental parts always sounded good, strangely enough. i fully understand what you mean.

the need for it to be right first time i guess can take the fun out of it. I'm just wanting to at least get hard scape right first time. :D

very philosophical (right word?) way of looking at it Ray, and in true Japanese way...spiritual

Ray said:
PS - love the new Iwagumi, its the first time I've ever felt almost inspired to make one myself.

i'm glad it makes you feel this way.

Ray said:
I'll keep my eyes open once hiking season starts in the Swiss Alps ;)

now I'm jealous 8)

ok, the strip down starts tomorrow by removing the fish.

i'm giving the ferns to young Thomas McMillan. nick 16 has claimed some of the rotala. garuf...some crypts. the removal of the plants shall happen over a period of a week. so guys just look out for what's left.

i'm only sparing some of the plants as P+P will end up costing me a fortune

well I've neglected this tank for a week now....no co2 no ferts and lights for 5hours a day, and i cant believe how it still looks. but i'm aware that i'm close to the boundary of algae/no algae.

final look guys :( the stems were looking Mammoth in the back too

_MG_8922-01.jpg

Ahh again, this is such a shame but I guess what needs to be done needs to be done, eh ;) at least we'll have another journal to look forward to and I bet you and your faimly has enjoyed having this in your lounge!

Thanks for allowing me to have ferns too :) really nice of you, i don't mind paying p+p if want

Thomas McMillan said:
Thanks for allowing me to have ferns too :) really nice of you, i don't mind paying p+p if want

no worries mate. you've always been a strong source of encouragement even when things went bad for me, your also very polite.16 right?....you act much older and so for that you can have em' :D

Back