• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sakura Deaths - Confidence to build up a colony knocked a bit

Maybe the "males" were juvenile females? They just look saddled to me. When a shrimp has a bacterial infection the entire body can go milky white inside which would possibly make red cherries look pale orange or something of the sort but I can't see anything like that on the video. All I see is a few saddled females. If they are not saddled(white/yellow blotch on the back), then they are possibly berried with eggs.

look perfectly healthy to me ash. If the males have saddles then id suggest they arent male! If you mean the lighter coloured banding down the back this is quite normal, some people actually sell the the banded ones at a higher price :crazy:
As far as im aware most behaviour issues tend to be water related and bacterial issues show as dead shrimp... little or no warning.

Agree all look good to me. I have found that shrimps can lose colour when under stress. If you have noticed a change in colour have you changed anything in the tank at all? I have also noted that shrimp lose colour when moulted and moving into the berried state.
Ps what's that substrate? its not dyed gravel is it ?

Thanks for all the feedback, I was sure there was some males in there! I think I may be in the position of having 8 females... :banghead: LFS are very good, however I think they therefore must have been mistaken when they assured me they have mixed sex shrimps :) I will mix in some bloodlines from another source and hope to get some males from there.

Ps what's that substrate? its not dyed gravel is it ?

It's caribsea eco-complete, bought before I knew better thanks to this forum!

Minor diversion from topic but just in case anyone's interested :D
I'm not normally one for some of these shrimp pills and potions that are cropping up on the market these days but after getting a sample, I did just buy some BorneoWild Red Ruby which is supposed to be particularly for RCS
I don't know what's in it but it must be a Class A substance because it's like catnip for shrimps,they go crazy over it :lol:

Back