• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Sakura Sencha - Neil W's Nano

NeilW

Member
Thread starter
Joined
25 Jun 2009
Messages
1,113
Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

lilypipe001.jpg


lilypipe002.jpg


New lily pipe :D. What a lovely looking object! Plan on getting an eheim of some description next month, anyone got any suggestions for a suitable/good model? I was thinking the 2232?

I was planning on getting this bedside cabinet; http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...ategory_root|Furniture+and+Homewares|14046994
and DIY-ing it up to strengthen it, add doors, paint etc when I get the new filter too to complete the setup.
 

andyh

Member
Joined
1 Jan 2009
Messages
1,921
Location
Derby
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

your tank looks great firstly! Loving the glassware.

Ref eheim externals you cant go wrong, i have these on both of my main tanks and i am very happy. I have used eheim equipment for many years.

I have a 2222 on my 35l and a 2324 with built in heater on my 60l. Both do a great job and have excellent features.
 

NeilW

Member
Thread starter
Joined
25 Jun 2009
Messages
1,113
Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

andyh said:
your tank looks great firstly! Loving the glassware.

Ref eheim externals you cant go wrong, i have these on both of my main tanks and i am very happy. I have used eheim equipment for many years.

I have a 2222 on my 35l and a 2324 with built in heater on my 60l. Both do a great job and have excellent features.

Cheers :D. I'm looking forward to getting some shots of it when its grown in some more with all the glassware and cabinet :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
Running 2032 on my ADA nano with the same glassware. The filter is just great.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/viktorlant ... 8/sizes/m/

currently replaced the eheim bio balls to ADA NA Carbon the result is still good.

Your tank is definitely the example to follow :D

Superman said:
Nice piece of glassware.
If I was looking at a new filter, then I'd look to get an eheim thermo filter to remove the need for an in-line or a tank heater. I think all are good, just depends how much flow you want.

I did take a glance at those but they were priced a bit strong, I can get hold of the 2232 and an inline heater for about £100 whereas the thermo's are more the £150-160 mark. I think the turnover would be too high too
 

NeilW

Member
Thread starter
Joined
25 Jun 2009
Messages
1,113
Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

Vito said:
Now thats original. nice idea.

Cheers! I just noticed the combination of the silhouette and reflection of the water this morning and thought it looked real nice. I think I'll try and get a better picture of the water reflection and use it as a texture in something. Strangely I notice odd little things like that where I'm on a Graphic Design degree my eyes seem to be more 'tuned' to everyday stuff I wouldn't taken a second look at before :crazy: :lol:

Recently due to it being winter and the sun being low the tank catches direct sunlight in the morning (during the summer the curtains would be shut when its that low). I was panicking a bit but in theory as long as its got enough CO2 and ferts algae should hopefully not be an issue? Looks nice though, seems to make the shrimp more active and the plants start to pearl!
 

Superman

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2008
Messages
1,804
Location
Cheltenham
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

NeilW said:
I did take a glance at those but they were priced a bit strong, I can get hold of the 2232 and an inline heater for about £100 whereas the thermo's are more the £150-160 mark. I think the turnover would be too high too

The smallest thermo one 2322 or something, I managed to put an offer in at the LFS for one listed at £160 for £130. In the end as some internet shops had it for £120, I didn't go for it in the end. Just put a cheeky offer in! :thumbup:
 

AdAndrews

Member
Joined
22 Feb 2009
Messages
1,125
Location
Kidderminster, Worcs
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

even though i have a tetratec external, and im happy with it, theres a voice in my head telling me to get an eheim, just seems quality manufacturing.. love the new shot, tis wierd at first, but then looks ok, with a nicer light it would look ace.
 

NeilW

Member
Thread starter
Joined
25 Jun 2009
Messages
1,113
Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

Superman said:
NeilW said:
I did take a glance at those but they were priced a bit strong, I can get hold of the 2232 and an inline heater for about £100 whereas the thermo's are more the £150-160 mark. I think the turnover would be too high too

The smallest thermo one 2322 or something, I managed to put an offer in at the LFS for one listed at £160 for £130. In the end as some internet shops had it for £120, I didn't go for it in the end. Just put a cheeky offer in! :thumbup:

Thanks for that, I'll take a look in to it!

AdAndrews said:
even though i have a tetratec external, and im happy with it, theres a voice in my head telling me to get an eheim, just seems quality manufacturing.. love the new shot, tis wierd at first, but then looks ok, with a nicer light it would look ace.

I did look at the tetratec and the weird tap disconnector thing made it pretty tempting but the tubing sizes were massive and didn't easily fit glassware without messing around. Is there a similar disconnector available for the Eheim (obviously not as one unit like the tetratec but for two different taps) just to make it easy for maintenance?

That shot was just something I noticed, but as you say I may give it a go with nicer lighting. Glassware would help too as that filter inlet/outlet looks rank :lol:
 

timme278

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2009
Messages
87
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

looks really good, nice and british natural


one question... whats your algae like? since you have like 3wpg with no co2 from what i can see

thanks man
tim
 

NeilW

Member
Thread starter
Joined
25 Jun 2009
Messages
1,113
Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

timme278 said:
looks really good, nice and british natural


one question... whats your algae like? since you have like 3wpg with no co2 from what i can see

thanks man
tim

Thanks :)

Algae has barely been existent *touch wood* so far, only what you'd expect on the more textured surfaces of the rocks and theres hardly anything on the glass ever. I learnt from my first tank and made daily W/C's at the start so its never taken off and I also used a pre-cycled filter. I also make sure theres enough ferts (5ml TPN+ at W/C) and Easy Carbo as a carbon source. Also as Fred says the lightings not an issue; in actual fact its quite low, some people use 18 or even 24 watt lights on similar nanos
 

NeilW

Member
Thread starter
Joined
25 Jun 2009
Messages
1,113
Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

Just took a look at the Eheim 2322 thermo but it was rated at 500lph, that will be too much for a 14 litre tank?
 

timme278

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2009
Messages
87
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

NeilW said:
timme278 said:
looks really good, nice and british natural


one question... whats your algae like? since you have like 3wpg with no co2 from what i can see

thanks man
tim

Thanks :)

Algae has barely been existent *touch wood* so far, only what you'd expect on the more textured surfaces of the rocks and theres hardly anything on the glass ever. I learnt from my first tank and made daily W/C's at the start so its never taken off and I also used a pre-cycled filter. I also make sure theres enough ferts (5ml TPN+ at W/C) and Easy Carbo as a carbon source. Also as Fred says the lightings not an issue; in actual fact its quite low, some people use 18 or even 24 watt lights on similar nanos

ahh okay man, i was just like o_O curious lol
looks very good tho, deffo favourite this
 

NeilW

Member
Thread starter
Joined
25 Jun 2009
Messages
1,113
Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

timme278 said:
ahh okay man, i was just like o_O curious lol
looks very good tho, deffo favourite this

Cheers :D I've got a fair few things I still want to do with this tank so I'll keep this updated
 

Maurits

Member
Joined
8 Jul 2009
Messages
134
Location
Gamlingay
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

NeilW said:
Just took a look at the Eheim 2322 thermo but it was rated at 500lph, that will be too much for a 14 litre tank?

It's just a little bit of over kill :lol:
 

NeilW

Member
Thread starter
Joined
25 Jun 2009
Messages
1,113
Location
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Re: Mountain Stream Nano

Maurits said:
NeilW said:
Just took a look at the Eheim 2322 thermo but it was rated at 500lph, that will be too much for a 14 litre tank?

It's just a little bit of over kill :lol:

The Eheim 2232 I had my eye on was rated at 400lph and I thought that was pushing it! :lol:
 
Top