• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Same old green dust algae issues...

Maybe the easiest way to tie the things together is to suspect insufficient nutrients. Maybe they were fine at one point, but as plant mass increased, demand outstripped available nutrients. The plants stopped growing, so they stopped eating ammonium and maybe even started leaching the stuff too. Adding extra CO2 without extra nutrients might have made this worse!

Do you dose daily? Have you changed lighting recently?

Nothing has changed on the lighting front and I dose EI every day for 5 days alternating between Macros (x3) and Micros (x2). speaking of leeching I did see a slimy substance on the water surface when i changed the water which isnt normally there.

This week so far I have double dosed to be doubly sure everything is getting the nutrients they need.

Hi all
Aeropars said:
speaking of leeching I did see a slimy substance on the water surface when i changed the water which isnt normally there.
This can be caused by unhealthy plants.

Aeropars said:
This week so far I have double dosed to be doubly sure everything is getting the nutrients they need.
I'd run it like this for a few weeks and monitor the situation.

Back