• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Samolus valerandi - Anyone grown this?

Steve Smith

I had to go to my local P@H last night *shudder* and I noticed they had some tropica plants back in. I was lucky enough as it looked like the plants had only been there for no more than a day. Anyhow, naturally I had to get some :rolleyes:

I saw this plant and thought I'd give it a try. Has anyone else grown it? Any tips?

It looks like a good find although Tropica do say it likes its light high to very high, needs nutritious substrate, needs time to change forms between emersed and submersed and that it is a difficult plant to grow, with that in mind I'd say it might flounder.

I tend to ignore the light demands these days, even on Tropica labels. I just put them in the tank and see for myself first.

I used to go by the 'guides' but then found that a lot of the 'high light' plants weren't and were just 'good light' plants.

A lot of them do not conform to the size or growth guidelines either. lol

Andy

Back