• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sams 30l tank

samc

here is the tank i have just done today;
dsc01903ac3.jpg

the tank has already changed since the photo and now has some windelov in from joyous

The tank has been sat doing nothing for a while and decided to scape it into a shrimp tank,i am now planning on making a moss wall, and covering alot of the tank in mosses. i kindly recived some hc from chump54 which i was planning on putting in this tank and my other 80l, the parrots in my 80l wouldnt let it root and kept digging it up(buggers) so i put the remainder another tank until i get this tank going. i wanted to put some fertile substrate under the sand but the hc was slowly getting smaller and dying so i thought i better get started. other plants are dwarf sag and there is a crypt in there but that wont be part of the scape just in there for the time being. Im not sure what plants ill be putting at the back yet.

the lighting is a 11w lamp
the filter is currently a huey hung one(new filter now bought)
i am dosing ferts with a mixture i made using dry powders
i dont currently have a co2 in it bu shal be putting a home made one in.
thanks any comments on how you would do it or change it are welcome

i have some amazon sword which i would give for free just asking for money for postage one large one (9in tall loads ov roots) 3 smaller ones about 5in tall also with roots

The easiest thing to do is get a Photobucket accound, upload the photos you want and it'll give you a 'focum code' for that particular photo. Just post it here and the photo should magically appear!

Looks real nice! I find the left rock really distracting but that might not be the case once there's more plant in there.

Interesting....

Sorry, just got to post something so I can get my posts over the 25, then I can start to enter for sale/swap forum.

It doesn't matter that I spend 3-4 hours a night nicking ideas off UKAPS members or appreciating their tanks and better knowledge......

simondoherty1 said:
Interesting....

Sorry, just got to post something so I can get my posts over the 25, then I can start to enter for sale/swap forum.

It doesn't matter that I spend 3-4 hours a night nicking ideas off UKAPS members or appreciating their tanks and better knowledge......
Thanks for that :rolleyes:
The restriction has now been lifted and i was intending on PMing you tomorrow but thanks for being so mature about it.
Back to the intended topic and some relevant input.....

Welcome to the forum Samc.

Do you have an idea of what style of tank your trying to achieve?
Might i suggest some nice stems in that back? Rotala Sp. Green maybe. One pot behind each stone. It may get a bit big but if you keep on top of it you should be fine.
The dwarf sag could be moved to just in front of the Rotala and that will act as a nice transition. Dot some E. tennellus in with it to break it all up a bit.
HC which you have and some moss around the base of the rocks and IMO you'll have a nice little scape on the go.
CO2 is a must and sooner rather than later IMO, easycarbo is an option on a little tank like that though.
I hope this helps.

thanks for the advice iv changed it a bit now iv got a nice piece ov mopani wood which i am intending to cover in moss, i was also thinking of putting some rotala behind the left stone. i wanted to put some shrimps in it at some point probely not until iv got some moss growing tho so they will be a bit more happy, iv got a picture iv my head of what i want it too look like av also done a quick sketch on paper
thanks

update here a pic with the wood 4/12/08
scaled.php

i need to buy some plants for the tank as i have decided what i want it to look lyk i dnt want to start it until i get the new filter iv bought 1 but hasnt arrived yet :( i get impatient anyway heres what i would like it to look like
scaled.php

what do you think?
thanks

things have progressed slightly now iv got the new filter in and got some flame moss on the way for the wood iv also got some rotala sp. green in now, the hc is slowly growing when i get the co2 in it should be faster, ill post some pics when the moss is on
thanks

a few changes i now have the new filter and some rotala sp. green in iv also got a few small bits of indian fern ( i think) in the middle which had been floating to grow a little and is now got some nice little plantlets, heres a few pics for you anyway.
dsc01928cy1.jpg

dsc01935zm9.jpg

the new filter...give much better flow rate
dsc01931yw6.jpg

not bad for my camera.
a close up of the hc u can see some new shoots but it hasnt grown very quick i havent got the diy co2 in yet i need a plastic bottle ov all things wont be long i dont know how much it will boost the growth, i think the tank is making slow progress tho.

You'd be surprised how many people say 'Oh look, there's a dead one' when they see an ottocinclus hanging under a bit of wood or resting on the bottom in my tank!

Give Sam the benefit of the doubt until (s)he replies!

Mark

Back