sams 60cm (planted!)

samc

Re: sams 60cm iwagumi

im still excited about this until i think iv got to wait for another tank to arrive :lol:

after seeing yours using an opti and NS im not sure if i want to use any amazonia II underneath but then id need to buy more NS as i dont think 10l will be enough :( i dont really want to use it but i dont really have much option

Mark Evans

Expert

1 bag of nature soil @10L is good for a foot print of 60 x 30. not sure what yours is?.....

i used 1 bag in my 60cm

if you use AS, just be careful to get your planting right from the beginning, a practise that is good to undertake with any substrate. home in on your scaping ideas long before you plant. I'm beginning to take a lot of time just thinking about scapes. i got so many in my head it hurts :lol:

good luck

samc

mine is 38 deep so i was going to put some AS underneath to bulk it out a little :D what depth is your at front and back?

Mark Evans

Expert

2 inches at the front and about 4/5 at the back. i've got a bit of rock in there but not much. if you've got AS too, you'll be fine :D

Tony Swinney

Hi Sam

Just caught up on this thread :D Sorry to hear about your tank being broken - I know how disappointing it is when one arrives like that, but be patient and wait for one to arrive in perfect nick - its well worth the wait. Plus you get more time to formulate your plans and get bits together for the scape.

Great work on the stand and luminaire frame - they look great :D

Tony

samc

Re: sams 60cm

just got the manzi wood to today and am very impressed. i have now decided on a nature scape as i couldnt resist using the wood :D

this is a quick picture of what the final layout will be like:

so....what do you guys think?

tank is messy but oh well

samc

cheers guys do you think i should cut the bit on the right down a bit? the bit which goes to the surface. i was thinking of cutting it about there the notch is, but then i like it poking out of the water......hmmmm

samc

heres another one. only a slight change but it prefer this one, i feel it is better balanced
the old one

the new one

comments welcome! :D

samc

what do you others think? first or second?

rawr

Second definately. ;) This should look awesome once planted up and matured bit - keep us posted!

Mark Evans

Expert

Sam, they both work. i can see the difference is only minimal with just the centre branch moved slightly?.....

i presume where the branches "dip" in the middle you'll be using ferns or anubias? what's the plans for the rest of the layout?

samc

thanks tom will do.

yes mark i am not sure if i am going to use a fern or anubias. i am worried it will look too much like yours :? ill be using rotala nanjeshan as a main stem at the back with another red stem maybe a little ludwigia acuata (spelling) then e acicularis, e tennellus, e paruvla then hc but am thinking if i need another stem infront of the rotala.....

rawr

I think you will need something a bit taller for in front of the Rotala. Maybe mingle in some sort of Crypt like Wendtii, or Blyxa or something like that?

samc

well my acicularis can grow to about 6in or so. im not sure