• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sams 60cm (planted!)

samc

journal time!

EDIT: THE JOURNAL STARTS ON PAGE 9

in the next couple of months or so ill be setting up my new iwagumi so ill start the journal now as ill be working on things starting tomorrow as you will see.

tank: 24x15x18 (custom)(100l)
filteration: tetratec ex1200(bought about an hour ago :lol: )
lighting: osaka luminaire 2x24w t5
co2: DIY FE 2kg
ferts: EI dosing and easycarbo daily

Today i have been to jacksons to buy the stuff for my DIY stand i will be doing starting tomorrow which will be covered in laminate (formica). this wont be a ADA style one although it was tempting, it will be done to match my wardrobe as its in my bedroom, which will be white with dark grey gloss doors.

i havent got the tank yet but will have it soon.

Re: sams 60cm iwagumi

The more images the better! Don't be shy! :D

I'm looking forward to this as the tank and equipment specs are similar to mine... just need to find the perfect stone...

JamesM said:
The more images the better! Don't be shy! :D

I'm looking forward to this as the tank and equipment specs are similar to mine... just need to find the perfect stone...

i havent got much to show you yet sorry
i think im going to use landscape rock (seiryu) ino some people think its boring but iv never used it before so i wanted a go using it.

and i think ill be using vivipara (silence) :lol:

i have done some work on the cabinet yesterday and put the three MDF sides on tonight, so here it is so far

dsc02111vx2.jpg

ill post another pic when iv put all the sides on :D

just thought id show you what kind of think i wanted to achieve. im not good at explaining.
i am going to have a border kind of thing around the cabinet similar to in the picture

141142.jpg

this will be white as in the picture
i am still deciding weather to have one door or two ether way the doors will be flush with the border(wont stick out)
like in the picture.
the door will be a dark grey gloss or if i can gloss black

this is hard to explain but you may have got the idea

samc said:
just a quick question to you peeps as i cant make my mind up
do you think i should have one door on the cabinet which would be about 40cm wide 80cm high or two doors?

I think two would look quite grooy :D

Thomas McMillan said:
I think two would look quite grooy :D

I'd go with the two door grooy look too! :lol:

slight change of plan on the cabinet now found some formica for the white which is £52 + £25 postage :wideyed: so i am now painting the white part so iv filled in all the slightly uneven parts and is now smooth all over 8) i painted the worst part today which was the front and it came out good, so im happy :)

Back