• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sams 60cm (planted!)

Re: sams 60cm iwagumi

im still excited about this until i think iv got to wait for another tank to arrive :lol:

after seeing yours using an opti and NS im not sure if i want to use any amazonia II underneath but then id need to buy more NS as i dont think 10l will be enough :( i dont really want to use it but i dont really have much option

1 bag of nature soil @10L is good for a foot print of 60 x 30. not sure what yours is?.....

i used 1 bag in my 60cm

if you use AS, just be careful to get your planting right from the beginning, a practise that is good to undertake with any substrate. home in on your scaping ideas long before you plant. I'm beginning to take a lot of time just thinking about scapes. i got so many in my head it hurts :lol:

good luck

2 inches at the front and about 4/5 at the back. i've got a bit of rock in there but not much. if you've got AS too, you'll be fine :D

Hi Sam

Just caught up on this thread :D Sorry to hear about your tank being broken - I know how disappointing it is when one arrives like that, but be patient and wait for one to arrive in perfect nick - its well worth the wait. Plus you get more time to formulate your plans and get bits together for the scape.

Great work on the stand and luminaire frame - they look great :D

Tony

Re: sams 60cm

just got the manzi wood to today and am very impressed. i have now decided on a nature scape as i couldnt resist using the wood :D

this is a quick picture of what the final layout will be like:

dsc02486e.jpg

so....what do you guys think?

tank is messy but oh well

Second definately. ;) This should look awesome once planted up and matured bit - keep us posted!

Sam, they both work. i can see the difference is only minimal with just the centre branch moved slightly?.....

i presume where the branches "dip" in the middle you'll be using ferns or anubias? what's the plans for the rest of the layout?

thanks tom will do.

yes mark i am not sure if i am going to use a fern or anubias. i am worried it will look too much like yours :? ill be using rotala nanjeshan as a main stem at the back with another red stem maybe a little ludwigia acuata (spelling) then e acicularis, e tennellus, e paruvla then hc but am thinking if i need another stem infront of the rotala.....

I think you will need something a bit taller for in front of the Rotala. Maybe mingle in some sort of Crypt like Wendtii, or Blyxa or something like that?

Back