• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sams 60cm (planted!)

Re: sams 60cm

Any updates?
Its looking gd! :thumbup:

not got a tank mate :( as you can see the one in the picture is broken and the replacement has not arrived and its been 10 weeks since that one was broken :( it is in the post and had been for 2 and a half weeks and is meant to take a week.

i have been able to get things sorted in my mind though and have changed things 1000 times

YYAAAAAAAAAYY cant wait to see it :thumbup:

sorry to bring this up again.
today i have been bored so tried the wood in with the substrate heres a picture.

dsc02772.jpg

i am pretty happy with it. theres just a few rocks to be added

brilliant Sam, I'm noticing many good things from you recently.

a real good effort and better than many dry scape i've seen recently.

Superman said:
if I must say something the two pieces behind one another seem to get lost, maybe move one to a side.

i know exacly what you mean. i have been thinking the same since i put it together. although it will be hard to ajust it because its all screwed to a piece of bogwood. between the 2 pieces will be needle java which should break them up. in theory :lol:

Re: sams 60cm (final layout)

so i am finally ready to plant!

today i went to get some rock for the tank and got these 2 pieces for £4!!

dsc02801x.jpg

i was very temped to keep the left one for a future iwagumi but really need the rocks so smashed it up. some of the pieces are quite nice and very similar texture to mini landscape but is not as dark in colour.

here are the pieces:

dsc02803d.jpg

after about an hour of breaking up rock and positioning i have the final layout. i also put in some anubias bonsai which comes from 'autumn blush' (thanks mark :thumbup: ) and i must say its a beautifull plant :D

dsc02806v.jpg

critisism welcome.

thanks for looking :D

Re: sams 60cm (final layout)

:wideyed:

absolutely ace! this i feel will be a great scape.

the anuibias adds and instant impact. i bet your glad i sent all 4 plants now ;)

i'm all excited for you.

the one thing I'd do, is maybe play with left and left/middle wood,(not the smallest left most piece) so the point where it appears to "break" should be IMO lower down towards the stone.

Back