• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sams 60cm (planted!)

Re: sams 60cm (final layout)

It's nice to do new stuff :D I do think in the long term it'll take away some of the depth from your tank, but it'll also open more doors and allow you to play with various stems in the background, or similar.

Looks quality anyway :thumbup:

the moment i have been waiting for! :D

plant list:

e. parvula
e. tennellus
rotala sp.green
rotala nanjeshan
Hemianthus micranthemoides (think its umbrosum/ or in immeresed form)
taiwan moss
java fern (needle)

the planting is complete although its full of bubbles still

dsc02825w.jpg

dsc02826b.jpg

Very nice, Sam. Will look great once grown in, I'm certain. Reminds me of Mark's recent 60cm - which is a good thing...

What Anubias is that (petite?) and where did you get it from. It looks stunning!

And the glassware? I've not seen an outlet like that before.

Cheers.

george the glassware is from natural aquario which i quite like. the outlet is good but the inlet is very good although i have not seen other glassware before so cant really say.

i forgot to say. thanks mark :thumbup: for everything. you have given me inspiration,loads of advice and the anubias. i cant thank you enough.

well Sam, you've done good matey.

I'm mightily impressed and flattered to some degree. re- the advice, your welcome, and it looks like the anubias sits well in the overall scape :thumbup:

not much happened yet although the parvula is growing at some rate. its grown 2cm in places in 5 days

well i have been bored lately and have just been precticing my photography. i am also trying a light at the back of the tank and i am impressed with the outcome.

dsc02839s.jpg

dsc02841gg.jpg

Nice work. I like the backlit effect too. I have been pondering setting up one of my tanks with something like that for evening viewing.

hydrophyte said:
Nice work. I like the backlit effect too. I have been pondering setting up one of my tanks with something like that for evening viewing.

i have added my amanos now which released there first batch of fry the same day.

i saw a little one near the surface when lights were off so i put the backlight on and got a nice shot of him.

dsc02858l.jpg

i was quite pround of this pic as my camera is pants. it was also taken through the water surface

dsc02851.jpg

i am so close to ripping this down now. so many problems in this its unbelieveable. first of all the HM was half daead when i got it and its just sitting there, ill probely have to replace it. the anubias is rotting from being sat in a bucket too long before planting and is just falling apart. i have been doing 50% water changes every other day and i have GSA diatoms and fuzz algae. half the nanjeshan has rotted for no apartent reason. and just to top it today 3 of my amanos have jumped out and died.

Back