• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sam's journal if the tanks at the Gold Fish Bowl

Aeropars said:
Sam, why not take photo's and stitch them together? Like a panoramic shot if you like. If you take the photo's i'll use my software to stitch together for you.

I did try this but it doesn't work very well. I'll give it another go when I pop in there later in the week. I'll let you know if I get decent piccy's :)

Sam

Themuleous said:
Aeropars said:
Sam, why not take photo's and stitch them together? Like a panoramic shot if you like. If you take the photo's i'll use my software to stitch together for you.

I did try this but it doesn't work very well. I'll give it another go when I pop in there later in the week. I'll let you know if I get decent piccy's :)

Sam

I tried this and got the best results by using a tripod then measuring the distance from the tank and making sure the angle was 90 degrees from the tank. Still wasn't perfect though!!! :wideyed:

Just to say I popped into the GFB during lunch with camera firmly in hand only to find the battery is dead! Doh!

I chatted to Barry and 20 ottos and 30 amano shrimp will be going in soon, with some nerites in a week or so. There is some thread algae growing which these critters should deal with. The plants are generally doing well, the Hygrophila polysperma 'Sunset' is going mental, I can see even in a low/mid light tank I'm going to have to keep on top of the pruning. Some of the crypts have melted quite badly but thats to be expected from crypts.

I'll probably go in again later in the week to do a prune and general maintenance check when I'll try and get some more photos, if I remember to charge the camera!

Sam

No surprise where the Hygrophila is concerned! Shame I don't live near any good plant shops, no where in Sussex seems to be any good.

Just read through this Sam. I was already thinking of a reply saying it reminded me of John Starkey's tank when I read you r comment had beaten me to it. lol

Looks great in my eyes. will look better when it becomes a little less uniformed but very nice all the same.

Andy

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest. You're probably aware I've not ben very active lately, lifes been a bit stressful of late and Ive just been to busy to spend the time on here. Hopefully that will change.

I've not actually been to the shop for several weeks so I dont really know how these tanks are doing. I must get down there soon and will be sure to update this once I have.

As for the quality of the plants. Out of the box, they are as good if not better (in some cases) than tropica.

Sam

Hi George,

Unfortunately these tanks were taken down a few months ago, for various reasons, not least my work situation that meant that I was unable to visit the shop for several weeks.

I was supposed to be redoing them in the new rena range but Ive not heard anything.

Shame it could have been good.

Sam

Back