• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sam's nano journal

looks great john....errr, sam :lol:

seriously now, way back when in the early days of my scaping i fell upon this journal and got inspired by it. so thanks sam :D

your the hc kid 8)

all the best,

andy.....errrr, mark :lol:

I think I should probably have this in place of my 60cm which I was going to setup this weekend. I'm getting to the "too many tanks" stage I think :lol:

Need to re-home my rio 180 and this 60cm and that'll be it then...

Out of interest, when you re-scaped did you re-plant the HC and grow it immersed again or stick to submersed this time around?

Nice sutup Sam, I'm a big fan of this kind of setup and I am trying to achive simular results myself but im finding my HC is not growing as fast as I hoped, whats your secret??

I am running Juwel Rio 125, 4x18W bulbs 9 hours a day, Dosing Dry ferts:

Got these mesurments from James Planted Tank website
20-40 Gallons (76-152 litres)
1/4 tsp KNO3 3x a week
1/16 tsp KH2PO4 3x a week
1/16 tsp traces 3x a week

Presurized co2, recently up'ed the bps rate, drop checker shows yellow'ish.

also dosing 3ml Easycarbo daily...

I have Hairgrass, HC and glosso in the tank the glosso grows very quick and hs coverd 1/3 of the tank and I have Hairgrass in the back wich is doing ok... I just dont seem to have the lush green that most people seem to have...

Any advice mate?

Thanks,

Vito.

Hey Vito. Going by Sam's previous post, he dropped his lighting and the HC started growing faster. Maybe drop the lighting by 18w and see if it makes any difference?

Edit: Just noticed this was my 1000th post! Yay me! (non of it spam, honest!!) :lol:

Love it, a lawn any English gardener would be proud of ! I know it would be the ultimate sin, but I wonder what a tasteful Easter Island head ornament being swallowed by HC would look like :?:

Back